Number plate designer

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Stevie_d, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

for anyone interested
    PlateCreator.com now have the means to fully customise your own plate . Including moving text around , making it bigger etc . Just designed my 8x6 plate and made the text a lot bigger on the same size plate . Full video tutorial on their site . Looks good , hopefully big enough so I don’t get an anpr no read .

• Like Like x 5
  2. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Best using it on a pc rather than smart phone

3. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Arrived already , think I’ll be ok with this touch wood . Used font size 245

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Just been on there myself. (Thanks for the referral) Currently have a 7 x 5 which worries me about getting caught.

Just processed an 8 x 6 and now lost the lot cos it wouldn't let me save before registering!!

Not a prob to do it again. For my taste, I deleted the badge and background.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

I’ve used 245 font size and when it’s arrived the characters are as follows

62mm high and 40mm wide

So it’s very close to the legal size , the spacing hopefully shouldn’t be a problem touch wood . Old one on an 8x6 before the designer bit was made on the website were as follows

Height 55mm width 35mm

Significantly better , my mate has been by camera vans with his and not had a problem touch wood

6. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Could of got the text bigger but I’ve chose to have a black border around my 8x6 as personally I like a border

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Well, good deal, Stevie.
    Just designed and ordered mine. Stayed with the 8 x 6, but I used 235 font and put text in the bottom box. Ditched the image box and background.
    You're right about the border; looks much better. I therefore went with the 'broken border' because of the lower text.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

Another option for you. Choose Bike Show plates on the left option and customise. Cheaper and you'll receive your plate within a couple of days. I normally use a 7x6 and the police never seem to object. http://www.a1showplates.com. Just had a new Reg & plate done last week.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Like the one I’ve got , character size adjustable . Also a black back to the number plate . Unlike some white back ones which show all the crap on them . Lots of custom options . Arrived in 2 days as well

10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, got mine in 2 days also. Excellent service. You're right, Stevie, the black rear is a winner!

11. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

Of course, I realise you've purchased Stevie, it gives others an option though and for future. A1 plates are also Black back. I've seen some that come with a white backing film which you can peel off, some people don't realise that :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Never seen white backed ones that you can take the white off to leave a black back underneath , where from ?

13. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

What size characters come out at on a 7x6 ?
    Anywhere near legal size , as it looks like you can’t select the size on A1 showplates ?

14. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

First plate I ever bought, cant remember where I ordered it (white backed).... right idiot as it was a few days before I realised the backing peeled off...lol. A1 plates are legal size or as near as damn it obviously it'll depend on the font chosen, the carbon lettering are slightly thinner and obviously if you scroll through some of the available fonts you'll see some are very thin letters. Choose a normal font and you shouldn't have any issues. I think A1 choose the font size that best suits the size of plate selected. Ive used a 7x6 plate for the last 6 years and in that time had countless police tagging along behind, police admiring the bike from time to time and never had a ticking off:)

15. stevet

stevet Active Member

Gotta laugh...thought it was just me who got abit ocd over not having a black back of a plate

• Like Like x 1
  16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Very interesting. I had a 7 x 6 but lost my nerve fearing I'd get done for it. Actually, it was a forum member who posted about the prospect of a fine for 'no read' that drew my attraction to Stevie_d's post (this one) and hence my 'upgrading' to the 8 x 6.

And stevet, seems like OCD might be rampant on here. Must be okay, so long as we don't wash our bike too often!!:D:D:D

17. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

It was me that got done with my 8x6 plate passing a camera van , must have been an anpr no read . £100 fine , hence being cautious and just put new plate on the bike the other day as characters now a lot bigger than they were on the 8x6 plate I got done for

18. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

Could be interesting then... as I said my new one with Carbon lettering is slightly smaller and thinner font. anpr if it can't read it correctly how did you get caught or traced or did they stop you?

19. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

No driven by a van at 30mph in a 30 zone , didn’t know anything about it till the letter came through post . Must have had a no read on my plate . Then they zoomed into video of me passing the van to read the plate

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

0899ADDB-0716-4416-9438-B6EDB5E22537.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1