Number plate designer

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Stevie_d, Nov 29, 2017.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

2. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

http://www.motuk.com/Motorbike-registration-plates.asp

174mm x 180mm = 7"x6" as I said my carbon lettering is very slightly thinner. Normal text is 10mm carbon lettering is 8mm all spacing is correct. Dare say if I got hold of A1 plates they could thicken up the carbon lettering to 10mm. Can Police really have the time or be bothered for 2mm.... time will tell :)

IMG_1042.JPG

3. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Suspect that’s a typo from mcn today , I reckon the 34 should read 44

4. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

After reading all the above I re-measured mine and character width is only around 35mm with height of 53mm.... lol Not changing it until told to do so. I had my private plate issued by DVLA received the V5 but my insurance coy got in touch to have me confirm it as the Motor Insurers Bureau had been in touch to say that the Experian Car Data check database (CDC) could not locate the Registration.... Can they blame this on Brexit too :) I'll be expecting to get stopped on the first decent ride out in the new year anyway if this confusion is anything to go by.

#24 KeepitPinned, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  5. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

A van will get u at those character sizes , similar to my old plate , £100 fine thanks very much lol

• Like Like x 1