Number plate flipper

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Trav_1981, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Muffking

Muffking God Like

EU did you say... :rolleyes:

2. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Yes also just had my model flying renewal through, We now have to go by EU rules for that as well, Do not think for one minute we are leaving the claws of the EU.
    Our Gov will say we chose to implement EU laws rather than being told to do it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

The "trick" down the Old Kent Road appears to be to pull a wheelie when going through speed camera zones. Totally nuts if you ask me. The other "trick" appears to be having an unbelievably dirty/black-grease covered number plate (and scaring the sh*t out of old folk like me as they whiz past, whilst I'm "pottering along" at or near the speed limit). All the above would lead to a fine/penalty points.

4. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

up here in west yorkshire every dam Audi bmw vw and Merc that I ride past with a oik at the wheel has number plates with raised letters. I take it this is an anti camera thing . not seen any bikes with them yet . they look shit in my opinion . that many about I must see 20 odd on way to work each day . west yorkshire police must not be bothered by them ?

5. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

I’ve seen them in abundance and never understood the attraction or questioned their legality o_O

6. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

ANPR technology must be there to check number plate colour, shape and sizing you'd have thought? Should just get picked up automatically and a letter issued through the post.

7. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Is it the gel raised ones? Or they do a sort of laser cut perspex letters stuck on a number plate these days too.

Think they are for 'style' purposes. I looked at them when getting plates not long back for the car but prefer the normal printed type. Expensive too!

Alot of people in newcastle with very dark tinted plates. Not sure how they get away with that!

8. T.C

T.C Elite Member

As I mentioned before, the old white on black plates cannot be picked up by cameras.

The raised ones are deemed as 3D and are allowed within the regs

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

You sure about that TC? o_O

10. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Well up until I spoke to a pal of mine a couple of months ago who operates the camera's it was the case.

Some of the newer ones may have got around the issue, but it has always been a known and accepted problem with 99% of them.

Raised characters are deemed as 3D