Number plates

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by mk3golfcab, Mar 5, 2020.

1. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Last time I got pulled for small plate was fined £80 and given notice to prove legal size plate refitted. That was some years ago, have been running with a 7" x 5" since with no problems .

#21 bradt, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

I’ve gone 8x6 again as I have a 6 digit plate so legal letter sizing but illegal spacing - used to run a 7x5 with no problems

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. R.M

R.M Member

In Ireland.....we just don't stop!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Naz

Naz Active Member

same using a 7x5 at the minute haven’t had many issues with it but wanted to put a smaller plate on which I already have. I took the bike for a mot a couple of days back and forgot to switch the plate back to the standard one, the tester let me off as it’s not drastically smaller then the correct size one and It was my regular garage so knew that I have the original at home. Suppose the key bit is not having something so different in size that your obviously taking the mick

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

7x5 seems to be pretty standard amongst a few of us here then. Expect @T.C to be along in a minute to give you all the same telling off that I had! :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DazK

DazK Active Member

I thought they needed a forward facing camera angle to show the driver (mobile ones) anyway? Then no argument over who was driving, no seat belt or on a mobile? They can prosecute for those offences as well not just speeding! I went through a 50 around 70 on a motorway and never heard a thing:p

7. DazK

DazK Active Member

Got 3 plates, standard for MOT purposes, 7x5 and 7x2 and never had an issue, or am I just lucky? nah I’m never lucky :(