Omnia Racing

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by exfire, Mar 16, 2015.

1. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Hi All.

I know quire a few members have purchased parts from Omnia Racing in Italy and have not had any problems.

Just thought I would mention that I am currently experiencing difficulties with them regarding a caliper I ordered 5 weeks ago. I know that Brembo supply can be a bit tricky but Omnia have promised delivery for the last two weeks and will not respond properly to my questions.

Last week they said they would ship it the next day, but today when I asked if they had shipped it as promised they just replied "I will ship it "

Just thought I would share the experience, wish I had used Carpi Moto now.

2. Moon

Moon Active Member

I made an order with them last week and it arrived today, did not order anything brembo thoguh

3. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I have used them once before and it was OK. This time though they are just ignoring any questions and just replying " it will ship". Last week the guy said he would post it tomorrow, when I asked 3 days later if he had posted it he just said "it will ship".

Will give it another week and then will use Paypal resolution, I have asked them to either supply the caliper or issue a refund but so far no reply.

4. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

Ex fire what did you order was it a rear brembo caliper

5. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Graeme, yes a rear under slung one .

6. graemewalker

Was it this one
    BREMBO CNC P2 34 64MM PITCH, REAR CALIPER
    [X988870]

7. exfire

exfire Elite Member

No it was this one Graeme, CNC P4 34 84 mm .

8. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Finally got a reply about the hold up on my caliper. According to Omnia the hold up is with Brembo, however, they can still not give me an expected despatch date. Unfortunately this does not help much as I still don't know when it will arrive and have already had to cancel one appointment with the bike garage.

9. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Had exactly the same problem with Omni racing. Canceled the order on the end...

What is it you are after? I may be able to help.

• Like Like x 1
  10. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Hi RepsolRuss, they may be getting them in this week ! but then again they said they may not come in until April.

They have had my money for nearly 6 weeks now, not sure how easy it would be to get it back in a reasonable time.

I ordered a Brembo under slung caliper CNC P4 34 84 mm. The price was good, I will give it to the end of the month and then see what happens.

It would be handy to have a fall back, so please let me know if you would be able to help if it comes to it.

Cheers

11. graemewalker

Received this off omni today ,we try to ship it in short time , but i know that brembo now is very slow

• Like Like x 1
  12. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Received my caliper today, caliper is fine but pads have what looks like rust on the top edges, not a big deal but never had it on new Brembo pads before, but it is only cosmetic of course.

Overall a 6 week wait, not huge I know but I would have appreciated knowing there was going to be a delay at the onset. Bike HPS who sold me a Braketech disc told me right from the start about the delivery period being up to 6 weeks, it arrived after 4 weeks so result.

I just wish suppliers would be open from the start, at least it's here now and the rest of the mods can be done.

Had much better service from Carpi Moto.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Glad they finally arrived :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's not just Italian companies that do this it English ones as well!

But glad you have received them now ready to enjoy them with some better weather ahead

• Like Like x 1