On the hunt...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Gabtiel2202, Jan 22, 2019.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, fully agree. I have benefited from that myself. Problem is though, is when something comes along that's just too good to refuse. I don't have any discipline:(. I'd live on Whiskas and powdered milk just to finance a bike. Friggin' sick, I know.

I blame genetics:D, probably because my mum used to be an Avon lady back in the doorbell ringing days. I'm now making up for all the door slams and refusals she got:);).

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

RESULT! I love it when that happens. Listen to the niggle when something isn’t right, but then the right one will just come along and when it does you’ll know it.

Did you pick it up by van or get a chance to ride it home?

Also what made you settle on a Blade after the Daytona rather than anything else?

3. Gabtiel2202

Gabtiel2202 New Member

Absolutely, you have to trust your gut!

Well it was all on a bit of a whim so I ended up riding it back, which I was happy about! Even though as soon as I left the sellers place it started lashing it down. But I've never had a bigger grin on my face whilst riding in the pooring rain (mixed with anxiety approaching every roundabout as the front tyre does need changing).

I loved the Daytona - the linear power delivery of the triple, the bikes agility was great and the sound was addictive.

I was eyeing up GSXR's, blades, S1000rr and even MV Augusta F3's at one point but ruled them out on upfront and running costs.

I was split a about the GSXR as I think the K7's are the best looking out the lot, but I wanted a newer bike and I'm not mad about any of the subsequent years (until the latest model year, which is a dream). The costs for a decent K7 were slightly lower than the blade (both purchase and insurance etc.) but not significantly so that was always a plan B if the right blade never showed up.

I rode my mates S1k when I started looking and it's an awesome bike, but they are 4x more to insure than my Daytona and similar aged blades were a few thousand cheaper to buy and over half the price to insure.

All that aside I like that the blade is a very different bike from the daytona. Apart from clearly being less powerful, the riding position is a lot more aggressive on the daytona, you are "on" the bike rather than "in" it as I found with the blade, the Daytona felt a lot narrower and felt like it had a higher centre of gravity (probably due to the underseat exhaust). Not negative points, just different.

Also as a tall person (6'5") I personally find the blade a nicer fit, but time will tell!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Demmel

Demmel Member

I sold both of my past bikes with profit because I bought them profitably.
    The right time in the right place.

5. Gabtiel2202

Gabtiel2202 New Member

Thinking about it I took a loss on the Daytona so it's swings and roundabouts