Opinion's, What bike ?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by iang27, Sep 27, 2015.

1. iang27

iang27 Active Member

After selling my 13 plate Blade I got an 899 Panigale which was brilliant but I unfortunately had to sell it because of damaged nerves in my finger and the need to raise some cash !!

Now I was going to wait but I am bored shitless and it's the first time in 40 years I have not had a bike.

My options are to buy a cheaper used bike and pay cash up to around £5500/£6000 max, or, to pay a low deposit on a new bike that I can get for under my £100 a month budget and pay my cards off with the cash instead.

I am swaying towards the new bike as the Apr rates are low at the moment and at under £100 a month I would lose that in depreciation if I paid outright for a bike.

Now the dilemma,

I have only ever had sports bikes, Blades, Ducati's, gsxr, Rc8, Rsv4 etc etc but a hell of a lot of people appear to be going down the naked route but I am worried if I do this that I find myself thinking 'what the f**k have I done ' and I am stuck with it for three years.

My choice for under £100 a month is,

New Daytona 675R (1k deposit )
    New MV F3 800 (1k deposit)
    New ZX10R (£2k deposit)
    New Blade. (£1k <deposit)
    New Street Triple R (£500 <deposit)
    New S1000R (£1500 deposit )
    New 848 Streetfighter (£1500 deposit)
    New Hypermotard (£1000 deposit)

Used S1000RR
    Used S1000R
    Used R Nine T
    Used Tuono V4 (old shape)
    Used R1 (old shape)
    Used Multistrada

Etc etc etc

The Blade is a safe choice and a lovely bike but just sold one and it is no different, Zx10 seems ok especially for £10k but big deposit.
    Between the sports bikes I keep going back to the 675R or MV F3 which I have been offered massive discounts on both, just for this month (sales targets)

But, I am also drawn to the naked's, the S1000R and 848 Streetfighter maybe.

Who has changed styles and did you regret it and what are your opinions on the different models ?

Genuine responses please not a slag fest unless you know something about certain models that is benificial.

Thanks guys for your opinions

2. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

I'm really tempted by the bmw s1000r. Can't go wrong for £100 a month.

Looks good fun to ride. Has something like 150-160bhp:eek: Not bad for a naked!

• Like Like x 1
  3. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

Get a secondhand cb1000 wicked fast midrange down rated blade lump ,i had a demo for few days never stopped smiling front wheel permantly up good fun tho

4. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

I had a cb1000r chopped in for the blade, great fun but does need cash spending on the suspension

5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Out of all that list id be tempted by the 675r....

Love em and great all round package that needs nothing doing.

Nothing better than big bike baiting either ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. sinewave

sinewave God Like

[​IMG]

Mates got one and it's sublime, all Ohlins'd up also and sounds great.

7. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

Having done about 1000 miles on the S1000r I can report its a blast would love one but can't let go of the sports bike bug , but if I had to this would be the weapon of choice. Get the power option which gives electronic damping adjustable traction and abs oh and cruise control ( which is a god send ).
    The latest tech and 160bhp and comfortable brilliant bike

8. Black

Black Active Member

I fancied something different this year and bought the BMW R nine T. Low tech and retro feel but had more feedback from random public on this bike than any other I've owned over the last 27 years. Makes me feel the same as when out playing with my pals in the 70's on the Raleigh Grifter, Chopper (delete as appropriate)
    Still got the blade tho but put in around 4K miles so far on the BMW and 2k on the blade so that tells its own story I suppose.
    Also had a go on a CB1000r tonight and I really enjoyed that.

9. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

I'd be tempted by the 675r too

10. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

BMW S1000r

11. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

I am tempted to buy the Limited-edition MV Agusta F3 RC mv.gif

12. iang27

iang27 Active Member

I nearly bought the standard F3 800 today, about 4/500 away from a deal.

13. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Best choice would be the BMW S1000R.!

If you dont like it , you can easy sell it again.
    The bike just came into the market and there will not be a major upgrade for 2016 etc.

The Kawa Z10R is the second best because there will be a brand new ZX10R for 2016.
    On the other hand, you can get a new ZX10R ( 2015 ) for a very good price at the moment.

Third choice "MV F3 800" because it looks and sounds fantastic...................

14. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

I had a test ride on the MV F3 800 with a mind to purchase the Limited edition RC.
    While the bike might look great and sound even better, a 20 minute ride gave me dead hands and stiff neck.
    The rear shocks are real hard and tried to buck me out of the seat.

I had a test on the dragster much better position but still brutal to ride and every ripple bangs your nuts, but I still want it. MV.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. iang27

iang27 Active Member

The MV has been ruled out now because the dealer wanted too much deposit and the gfv (last payment) was high at £6k after four years so to get the deposit back the bike would have to get £8k, no chance !

The Dragster looks mint in the flesh but pricey.

Got offered a new 2016 model S1000R today for Nov/Dec delivery with a good discount and only £99 month on 2.8% Apr finance.
    Sorely tempted at that.

Also got offered a 62 plate S1000RR, very low miles, Akra etc but think maybe the brand new R is a better buy.

It's between these and the 675R at the minute.

Everything else I like us over budget !

16. andreww

andreww Active Member

S1000Ris on 2.9% apr if you register before end October too. Makes it very affordable

17. andreww

andreww Active Member

Although I did a track day on the S1000RR 15 spec bike and it is truly incredible
    The power never stops and the electronics are superb.

18. Tonic

Tonic Active Member

I love the look of all the MV's and admire everyone I see having the guts to ride one, I just wonder how reliable they are and how expensive parts would be if anything should go wrong.
    The safe option for me would be a new Blade. I do however like the CB1000r (no idea if they still make them) and would come with all the Honda benefits.
    Failing the above two, I would go for the BMW S1000rr. However, a guy I know is a track instructor and tells me they are very fragile if dropped.

19. iang27

iang27 Active Member

I loved my Blade but it is well overdue an update and even though I can get one within my budget the gfv at the end is way too high at £6700 after three years, no chance of getting anything back at that figure.

The S1000RR keeps its value better than anything, just look at used prices for them.

I still really like the 675R and as I am 5ft 8" it fits me better than some of the bigger bikes.

This is the S1000RR I saw, Akra, levers, screen, alarm, 1 owner, 4k miles

image.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I'd be sorely tempted to try the S1000rr and the 675r back to back.

Something special about those 675r's. Not something u could say about the S1000rr which is a bit samey.