OPL Cadwell !2th Nov

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Slimwilly, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Slimwilly

Slimwilly Member

Well we have taken the odd decision to book a track day at Cadwell, I have been there to see BSB,, we are hoping for dry of course, I have booked a one to one track learn session so fingers crossed.

Whats it like trackday demons ?

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Cold this time of year, but I'll be there too ;)
    Choose your tyres wisely and take tyre warmers + genny if you can.

3. Slimwilly

Slimwilly Member

Tyres,, now there's a thing,, what do I use, have some part worn normal Metzelers on,no genny n warmers,,,i ask if its wet , is there someone there to purchase and fit wets ?

4. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Get your thermals and ice scrappers out, must be hard to keep your tyres warm wirh sub zero wind chill blasting over them ;) as much as I love track days my next one will be a 2017, time for a few road trips if not much salt around :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Road tyres are the best ones to use if you're not using tyre warmers at this time of year. Good thing with it being an open pit lane is that you can take your time warming them up without using up time in a session.
    Weather is looking dry at the moment, but temp still in single digits. Either way tyre support will be on site, so you could take your own loose tyres and have them swapped over on the day.

Too late round here, gritters were out last night and both cars were iced over this morning. Had a full size radiator installed in the conservatory recently and it's still Baltic in there :eek:

6. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yeah just seen them out now :( I really need to move to south of Spain in winters, somewhere Jerez would be ok :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Slimwilly

Slimwilly Member

I was in Malaga all last week, still 24 degrees there

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hondaboy63

Hondaboy63 Active Member

Im heading down to partake in the last of the sessions adventures. 7 hrs of travel time, but needs must. I was at Oulton 4 days ago, it was cold, but the sun was out. Plenty of red flags due to, I'm sure the track temperature and lack of heat in the tyres.
    Hall bends, the hairpin and barn, will be the issue areas, could reduce the speed to 60, LOL.
    Will be setting up similar to attached image only 1 bike though as I've got mates coming down.(halfords Gazebo). Fell free to come by.

Attached Files:

9. Slimwilly

Slimwilly Member

Did you nick the gazebo from Halfords?

I shall look you up and others if I can find them,,bike mad me

10. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

forecast says snow this week but warming up to 13-15c next week, might not need your thermals after all ;)

11. Hondaboy63

Hondaboy63 Active Member

Well, I'm just home from a damp, cold, exciting day at Cadwell. There was a few times I was spinning up the back wheel, but fortune sided with me. I lapped my mate after 5 laps, and he is a decent rider . But conditions where difficult. I would say a third of us hardy riders Have got winter projects, to be ready for next years adventures.
    Halfords Gazebo withstood the elements, best purchase ever. Lol.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Slimwilly

Slimwilly Member

I saw you lads, just never had time to come and meet you, was busy getting some used wets fitted, good lad on the tyre duty.was it you who never had a wetsuit ?

13. Hondaboy63

Hondaboy63 Active Member

Yeah, it was a wet suit affair, I think I would have been warmer, in 1 off these suits.
    I'm surprised you came to a wet day party, without wets lol.

14. Slimwilly

Slimwilly Member

Well for sure i never expected it to be that wet, I was thinking the rain would spoil the day, how wrong I was, wow ,what an experience, fantastic how fast you can go on wets and still feel safe, what a great day, us three enjoyed it.Hope you did

• Like Like x 1