oulton park regulars

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by racman, Apr 3, 2015.

1. racman

racman Active Member

i,m at oulton on the 15th april. have done it before a couple of years ago but it was drizzly and damp, and did not time laps. this time i hope the weather is going to be better and i have started timing laps at trackdays to monitor my progress. so the question i ask to you regulars is what time should i be looking at for a half decent lap time. i run in the inters. i know matt looks for 1min 50,s but he runs in the fast boys..so is 2mins decent?

2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Anything under two mins is going well, specially in inters with a varied pace mate...

Sub 1.50 is going some I tell ya, I tried and failed last year (but I'm back next week ;) ) and tbh is hard in fast as also a varied pace and can hit traffic....

I'd honestly say most fast group riders are prob doing mid 1.50's with very few going sub....

Lap times are a great way to track progress but don't get hung up on em, specially on td's... It gets expensive and painfull ha ha :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I'd be there bar the small fact I'm in Spain that week! :rolleyes:

4. scooby

scooby Elite Member

i'm booked on that day :)

but pretty much as jimbo says,plus a lot depends on the day,but anything around 2 mins is going well.

and i witnessed jimbo's valiant attempt,only a couple of tenths off it so sure it will come next visit :)

5. bambo838

bambo838 Active Member

My best lap at Oulton was 2:00 few years ago on a box standard R6 5SL.
    I am booked for 15th as well in inters.

• Useful Useful x 1