Oulton park td

Discussion in 'Pictures & Videos' started by Chris.93, May 25, 2016.

1. Chris.93

Chris.93 Member

First time at Oulton, and first time on track with the blade so wasn't going too mad. Also suffered brake fade after 3/4 laps which wasn't fun :(

Any tips/pointers would be great!

2. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Hi Chris, I have the same bike but have ridden Oulton many times. One thing that really stands out to me is you're shortshifting in every gear. Try to use your full rev range right up to about 500rpm before the limiter kicks in. You can set your shift light so you can see when to change without looking down.
    You're lines could do with a little tidying but otherwise you're doing well for first time there.

3. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

EBC GP FAX pads will help cure brake fade.
    stiffen the rear shock or lean forward to put more weight over the front , whilst wheeling looks cool it ain't making your lap times better.
    Just my humble opinion as I'm no racer.

4. Chris.93

Chris.93 Member

Yeah I realise that after too, set the stock shift light up now but It's not great, gonna get an aftermarket one and stick that on top of the clocks. Can't go wrong then!

I plan to go back in July/August, so hopefully can work on lines better then :)

5. Chris.93

Chris.93 Member

Ok I'll have a look into those,
    Yeah that's true .Had pre load set 1 from Max, so it's just more body movements needed, wasn't getting overtaken at all after lunch, so was having fun keeping the wheel up lol