out today!

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by alexg56, Feb 12, 2012.

1. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

first time out,jaw still sore from grinning:). scotland in february its 10c and the sun was out at times, was going to gloat on the snow watch thread but no doubt it would come back to haunt me, prob in june when it snows at bsb:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  2. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Mine is still sleeping as there is more salt on the roads than ever with the recent snow. 10°c, wow i wish i was in scotland ( dont think i have ever said that before) :) its only 5°c down here in yorkshire

3. Hobey600

Hobey600 Active Member

you lucky devil alex, we are due to be back in double figures temperature wise by the middle of next week, its gonna seem like spring!! lol

xx

4. Givover

Givover God Like

Good on ya for getting out .I have done the standard pacing about today dreaming .Just about +2 with loads of salt down .

5. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

should come good next couple of days Givover? this rain will wash the salt off the roads at least :)

6. Givover

Givover God Like

Yup but what normaly happens is it rains hard for 2 days (good salt gone) then it freezes the same night Boring!!! I am perhaps the site expert on weather watching its a pain every poxy year and just living in hope .Might catch up with you over summer if you know any good roads out the way .because Blackpool must be the capital city of speed cameras.

7. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Yep, we do hartiside quite regular. Usually Sunday's. Your more than welcome to jump on. Likewise I would like to do the cat and fiddle, but I hear there are a lot of cash machines on that road too?

8. bladebhoy

bladebhoy Active Member

i was gonna go out regret not doing it now.

9. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Ummed and arrred all bloody day as to ride out or not..4 o'clock and It's ON! My 1st ride out this year. Went out for an hour up the dual carriageways and the M2, the roads were just a little too greasy for me..Anyone with bike experience must have thought I was a learner.The riding fix has cured the itch.Feel better now cos I've got to hose her down and clean her.A bit more rain for the next few weeks to wash the roads would suit me fine before the long awaited warmer weather arrives.:D

10. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

Went to George Whites yesterday ???? I must have been asleep for the last two weeks, but at least I got a good ride, took two more hours cleaning the bike.

11. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Good for you Alex, it's worth the washing afterwards. I have spent many years pampering my bikes and sometimes not going out because of salt etc.

In the last couple of years I have tried to overcome my 'keep my bike immaculate at the expense of fun approach' and just gone out and ridden it.

As I change bikes often I suppose I may not have had to put up with any comebacks from this.

For many reasons, I want to keep this bike and I am going to ride it as much as I can, regardless of whether it gets dirty or not and just enjoy it. I will still of course be anal about keeping it shiny :).

12. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Got in around an hour ago from a 4 hour ride round Kent with 7 pals. Slower than normal due to the roads, but still good fun

13. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Night riding any good? where did you go?

14. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

Looking dry tomorrow so may be out again:) be freezing but what the hell. Been working at nights Doing a new kitchen and need to blow of steam diy is not my favourite pastime.

15. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

I think it's awesome, roads have nothing on them. From home to meet in Blackheath, to lingfield, back to Esso on the A21 into Bromley, then home to Rochester. Round the back of Edenbridge etc. Better in the summer as normally go to brighton for a coffee on the front then back via Ashdown forest.

Need to have a set of HID's though, makes all the difference.

Met up with Jimbo today for a ride out, which was fun;)

16. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

I can vouch for those!! I've never seen headlights on a bike better than daves...

17. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

Bit nippy today and roads white with salt. Still had to get out though. Decent wee blast for an hour.:D time fot the docs100 cleaner to work its magic:)

18. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Beautiful spring day here. Brilliant sunshine and 10 degrees. And I've been stuck in the loft putting shelving units together.

I think next week if it's pissing down I'll insist we go for a walk in it. And then explain at great length to her about inappropriate scheduling.

19. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I went out too, dry roads, but very cold and a little too windy across the fields but a nice run.

20. Givover

Givover God Like

You should be ok down your end on Thursday Ken they say 15 deg get out the sun tan cream.