Parts delays

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Kie, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Kie

Kie New Member

Anyone have an idea what the average parts delay is for dealers at the moment.

Waiting on new locks for seat cowl and petrol cap from Fowlers Bristol. It’s been ordered by the dealer I bought bike from and been told they’re on back order but not getting any idea how long I’m looking at.

2. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

Ask them. Honda's system gives an eta

3. Lock

Lock Active Member

Suppose it depends on item and availability. Have ordered a number of backordered bits from Fowlers and they usually get here in a week or so. Got some bits on order at the moment as well, so will see!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lock

Lock Active Member

Just checked on Fowlers and yes on backorder. Did you lose keys? That's not cheap for fuel filler cap assemnly (don't think you can get lock separately) - £197!! Ouch

5. Lock

Lock Active Member

Just had a quick look on fleebay and second hand complete lockets and ecus can be £250 upwards. This might work for you, new aftermarket set (doubt it would work with Hiss but £49 seems good if you just need fuel cap and seat lock - item 332486061269 (nothing to do with me!!)

6. Kie

Kie New Member

Fortunately I’m not paying the bill on this. Locks had been done when I bought the bike so the dealer are replacing for me. But it’s been a fortnight and not been given a date yet so getting a little annoyed. :mad:

wasn’t sure what was reasonable time given I know lots of things are delayed by current circs.

7. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

I think you'll find lockets are an ex Japan item, so will take a while. 2 weeks isn't unreasonable. You've probably got another couple to wait

• Like Like x 1