PCV fitted today

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by R.M, May 22, 2020.

1. R.M

R.M Member

Here's a before and after dyno run.
    Got rid of the nasty flat spot at 3k. & gained just over 3hp.
    Now just over 170rwhp & 84.84 torque

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  2. Slick

Slick Elite Member

If your interested in all that sort of stuff ask for the drf files. They contain torque, hp, rpm, throttle position, afr etc for each run.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Mr_Chin_LK

Mr_Chin_LK Well-Known Member

Bought a PCV off of a member on here and can't wait to see the difference it makes. My bikes a bit twitchy and rough running c.3k-4k, like it's searching for the idle and is unnerving in the bends at times. I hope it smooths out the flat spots. I'm not too bothered about the BHP gain tbh.

Chin

4. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Having the DRF files from the tuner and viewing in WinPep allows you really see what is going on.

These are for my CB1000R, first one at partial throttle (IIRC 15%), second at full. See the leaning of AFR around at 3.5k at full throttle and the drop of torque at partial.

At partial is where the massive gains are made. You really notice the silkiness in the bend then smooth drive out of corner lean.
    You can hold the throttle at smaller openings with torque going much higher in the rev range so much nicer going up the gears.

I used the dynomaps as a base for my autotune unit to create more maps. Balls out full power and a commuting map with areas of cruising where the AFR is leaned off a bit to around 13.8.

With the CBR and yoshi r77 especially w/o baffle there was quite a lot of hunting, raising the AFR really helps.

partial .jpg full .jpg

Attached Files:

5. Mr_Chin_LK

Mr_Chin_LK Well-Known Member

You really are the forum scientist Slick!
    It's the A&FR settings I'm more interested in, not interested in any BHP. I'm defo after the smoothness.
    Great suff there.

Chin

• Like Like x 1
  6. Slick

Slick Elite Member

LOL, spent 4 years studying as motorsport engineer but never got to use it!, got poached as a youngen' by a marketing firm and haven't been able to escape even after 20 years!. Feels like I wasted that education.

• Agree Agree x 1