PCV maps etc

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by thewiz, Apr 20, 2018.

1. thewiz

thewiz Active Member

As some of you know I have a RR8 with a Yoshimura R77 Slipon with decat. Got a Pipercross air filter.

Connected the PCV to my computer to see what map it had on it, bought the PCV used so i have no idea what map were on there. But i must say the bike ran good with the map that was on there. I have no knowledge about this PCV / maps figures etc, so keep that in mind.

So i downloaded the PCV map that is for the Yoshi R77 and stock / aftermarked air filter, and to me it looks completely different from what i have on it.

Anybody with any knowledge chime in? Cheers

Map that is currently on the bike:

blademap1.jpg

Yoshi map:

yoshimap.jpg

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Shame there's no response to this because it's technology that many of us should try to grasp.

3. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

The general consensus would be to get it on a Dyno and have it custom mapped. Having said that I got a custom map done and the end result wasn't great. Although it felt better in some areas, it was worse in other areas and I even had an engine warning light come on at high sustained rpm. I could go on, but to cut a long story short I installed an autotune on the back of the PCV and it smoothed everything out massively. Now back to your question. Although I have a 2014 model and a different exhaust, my map looks closer to your downloaded map in terms of where the boosts and cuts are. The original map could possibly have been designed to give the engine maximum power or to have it run more economically. You won't know for sure unless you get a Dyno run or install an autotune. You can always set up the PCV to accept two maps and wire in a switch to it in order to switch between the two maps.

4. Odium-fr

Odium-fr Active Member

I bought my bike with a Leo full exhaust, kn filter venturi intake, pcv and autotune. The previous owner did a map with the autotune.
    I wanted to try the map which is on dynojet website and which correspond to my setup, to see if there is a difference. It was like night and day ! Lost a lot of power in low and midrange, the bike was a lot less punchy... But more "easy" to ride on street, the throttle had a lot less "on/off" effect than with the autotune map.
    Next winter I will do a map on dyno, hoping to get best of these two maps. I think dyno is the only good way to set a pcv.