People moving your bike

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mrbarry, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Mrbarry

Mrbarry Active Member

Went for a ride this morning to pick up a small package from 70 miles away. Few miles on the way back I simply had to stop for a slash. I was in a small village so I parked up outside a public loo and went in. When I came out some twat had pushed my bike onto the pavement and parked in my spot. To say I was angry is an understatement. No one was about so I drove off. Unlucky for them someone ran a key hard and deep full length along the side of their car. ‍o_O If I could find that person I’d shake their hand..

Am I alone or has anyone else been in this situation? Must be a law against moving a bike! How would they expect to get away with moving a car?? Selfish bastards.

2. T.C

T.C Elite Member

The specific offence is called "Tampering with a Motor vehicle" which is contrary to Section 25 of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

Unless you provide specific permission, the only people allowed to touch your vehicle without your authorisation id a Parking warden who may take reasonable steps to identify the vehicle for enforcement purposes if it is covered up and the Police who may remove or seize the vehicle for a whole number of reasons.

But anyone else? Not a chance, and any damage caused by that unauthorised individual may be deemed as criminal damage...

Hope that helps?

• Like Like x 1
  3. dern

dern Well-Known Member

It's not on but I can't see that there's much you can do now except use the steering lock or a disc lock. You could report them to the police in this case or move on.

I wouldn't shake the hand of anyone who keyed a car as they'd be a much bigger c**t then anyone who moved my bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mrbarry

Mrbarry Active Member

Eye for an eye

5. dern

dern Well-Known Member

Sure, if you're a fucking psycho with no sense of proportion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

Plus, how do you know it was that person that moved your bike?

I’ve moved bikes before today where the pillocks have parked me in.

7. Mrbarry

Mrbarry Active Member

Had I blocked someone in I agree my bike should have been moved, I didn’t, I just took the last parking spot.
    I was in the toilets less than 90 seconds. May been the same person who moved my bike and keyed the car? Fast workers.

#7 Mrbarry, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  8. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

Your post implies you did the keying of the car?

9. Mrbarry

Mrbarry Active Member

Depends how you read it I guess.
    I would have liked the chance to talk to their faces and ask why they moved it, educate them as to their mistake!

10. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Was it definitely someone from the car that was parked in your space that moved your bike?

A shitty thing to move someone's bike though.

11. Mrbarry

Mrbarry Active Member

For what it’s worth. NO, it was not me who keyed it. I said someone had. So obviously they are the sort of people who have a habit of annoying others. I would have given it a dent had I been sure there was no CCTV around but in this day and age it’s everywhere. I didn’t need to, someone had done some real damage already. I would have got in their face had I found them regardless, the outcome of that would have been dependant on their attitude.

I do love to watch clowns make assumptions tho.

12. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Never heard of this happening before. I would have been livid if I were you too, surprised you didn't consider waiting for them for half an hour to ask them what they are playing at?

Separate scenario that I have come across a few times is seeing motorbikes having been knocked over and not knowing whether to pick them up or not. My gut has always wanted to pick them up because its heart breaking seeing a bike on its side but i've always stopped myself for fear of looking guilty of doing it myself!