performance improvments

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Royliam608, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Royliam608

Royliam608 Active Member

I'm looking for improvements on my 08 blade for club racing.
    I spent most of last year on a standard blade and brought modifications as I could afford them.
    So far I have replaced the rear shock to a K-TEC and the front internals to K-TEC, chain and sprockets to 520.
    In the off season I have purchased a pc5 and upgraded the brake Accossato master cylinder and Hel performance callipers when they arrive.
    Is there any other modifications that would help me?
    Please do bare in mind I have not ridden the bike since the end of last season and I have still to get it set up for the PC5 and calliper upgrade and I'm a dumb ass.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Not wishing to sound a smartass, but we can often gain more tenths by improving our riding than improving our bike. Practice, practice, practice.

3. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Maybe look at the weight of the bike? The lighter you can get it the better it will change direction accelerate and stop. There’s nearly 2kg saving just in a different battery

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tezza H

Tezza H Active Member

I don't know if you have but get someone who knows about geometry, rear ride height, stancions through yokes and suspension set up, keep a log of any changes you make, try and get a dry and wet set up.