Photo Shoot of my Divas

Discussion in 'Pictures & Videos' started by nigelrb, Apr 18, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Suuny day.

Camera.

Bikes.

Photo Shoot 1..JPG

Photo Shoot 2..JPG

Photo Shoot 6..JPG

Photo Shoot 5..JPG

• Like Like x 13
  2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Very, VERY nice.

:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Spartan Andy

Spartan Andy Active Member

What a beautiful line up of mint bikes, Stunning
    Think I need some of your valeting tips.:D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Cheers! I steer clear of wet days. Perhaps fortunate that I don't do daily commutes in rain and sleet. Might make me a softy, but I get as much pleasure from keeping them pristine as I do from riding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jokeshopbeard

jokeshopbeard Active Member

Thanks for the pics sir, very nice!

If you could sum up the differences in feel between your blades in a couple of sentences I'd really like to know what you have to say...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Very nice ...good to see well kepted bikes....why a sp2 ...was it a case because you can......

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Glad to. Having had a few recent riding days, I still firmly believe the RR4 is more comfortable AND handles better than the 2011 and that's with the 2011 having had a professional suspension tune. I haven't checked whether rake and trail angles are different, OR, whether this might be a state-of-mind thing.

The SP2 is just one out of the bag. It is so light and manoeuvrable (approx 8 kilos less than 2011) even with mid-corner change of direction. The lighter, forged wheels are said to contribute to this feeling. Pirelli Super Corsas help, too. Trademark Blade riding position. Throttle-by-wire is inferior to cables - less feel and not as responsive. Useful dashboard, but most of it is gimmicky gadgetry!

No, not at all. I wanted a 'special' bike. Was keen on Aprilia RSV4RR, but turned to Honda because of my life-long love of the marque. (Started with CB 175 in 1970). Settled on the SP2 (admittedly paying over the odds) because of the limited release and the fact it is so different (although not visually) to the 'standard' Blade. It truly is a magnificent machine.

HOWEVER, no matter what form Honda releases these bikes in, I really think the Blade has had its day. Time to move on. There is much more 'progressive' machinery available now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. jokeshopbeard

jokeshopbeard Active Member

Great description Nigel, appreciate it. I hear you on the ride by wire thing; I have it on my Duc and it definitely lacks.. something. Feel I guess.

Also hear you on the RSV4. When I test rode one I would have dropped the money on it right there and then had I had it. Having tested most of the latest machines it really is the one that excites me the most, but... it's Italian. And I'm fucking done with Italian machines.

I have a Honda cylinder head tattooed on my arm. I'm a brand freak for the mighty H. Nothing else gives me such confidence. Can't see me shifting away from my blade anytime soon - although having a few more (like you) is always nice!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hashlak

Hashlak New Member

Awesome shots buddy ! Nice toys indeed :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

That's some collection :)

If you were to summarise each bike in terms of performance, characteristics and reasons for owning what would you say?

11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Thanks Dan. See 3 posts above.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Tezza H

Tezza H Active Member

Awesome collection there, Shame you don't have a CB175 to park on the end,
    I started with a Honda SS50 :)

• Like Like x 1