Planning TT trip, how much to expect to pay?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by murraymint, Jan 8, 2017.

1. murraymint

murraymint New Member

Yh I'm off to the nurburgring in May, and half of the people going have dropped out! Still 7 bikes and two cars going.

2. stickyslick

stickyslick New Member

https://www.facebook.com/groups/245829855617873/?ref=group_cover
    Hi I'm from the Island (but am currently living in france).There is a site on facebook (see above link) where peoples circumstances have changed since initially making their TT reservations that swop or sell on their tickets.There have been quite a lot of van tickets for sale over the last few weeks for TT 2017.so keep the above link and try that when the time comes and I'm sure you'll get sorted.By the way if you do end up biking it over a lot of visitors these days post over their camping gear in advance and post it back again (the local post office will keep it for you) apparently its not too expensive to send - I suppose it depends on the weight but met some guys last TT who said they have been posting their kit over to the Island for years it was about £25 each way - saves the hassle of lugging it over on the back of your bike !

• Like Like x 1
  3. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

My mate sends his gear by post and we collect it from the post office behind Port Jack chippy.

4. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Whatever you pay................ doing it cheap or viewing it as expensive.............its well worth it...... a "Ticked The Box" must if your into bike racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe_bloggs

joe_bloggs Active Member

We stayed homestay last year at TT, we payed £30 a night each, was there for 9 days over race week, ended up 3 of my mates took offence to the woman we stayed with and went home early, but for £30 a night I dont know what they were expecting. Weather was great so camping would have been fine, didnt enjoy the ferry trip, we thought about flying next time, plenty places to watch racing in Douglas

I would deffo agree with its a must to see, we are gonna book again for 2018 and give us a year to save,

Cheers John