Portimao end of May

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by garyauk, Jan 7, 2015.

1. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

I've just booked to go back to Portimao at the end of May with No Limits.

I went there twice last year, and had a fantastic time. The track is starting to degrade a little bit now compared to when I first went there in 2010, but still great fun to ride. Portimao was the last track day I did before breaking my femur, and was not able to ride for 3 years. But after going back last year, it has brought back the fun in riding around track again for me and now I can't keep away from the place :)

My goal was to beat my lap time from 2010 (I was on a 2003 cbr600rr then, and 2007 cbr600rr now) And typically I did it in the afternoon of the last day on my second trip there. I got back to the Hotel with a massive grin on my face and now I can't wait to go back.

Is there anybody on here going?

2. robbo

robbo Active Member

im looking to book it april the 10th, im new to track days(only done one wet one at oulton) so im praying for some decent weather between now and then to book some uk track days. its my mrs 30th april 16 so might spoil her and take her over too, iv heard the hotel is nice enough.
    to answer your question if all goes well and i like the april crack i may book it again for may.

3. scooby

scooby Elite Member

really want to go back at some point but theres so many euro tracks to choose from (almeria,jerez and aragon already booked in the diary this yr) it's finding time :)

4. robbo

robbo Active Member

April Fully booked, Gutted ! so going to try arrange may, have you booked yet ?

5. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

I'm all booked up......even booked the flights, hire car and track insurance!

6. robbo

robbo Active Member

Garyauk do me a favour and send me all info you've booked please,
    Christ scooby you got the life of it en you, make the man well jealous, you a drug barron or summit !

7. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

No Limits 29th May for 3 days on tack £519

Booked track insurance with a company called P J Hayman

They normally stay in Hotel Jupiter in Praia da Rocha‎

• Like Like x 1
  8. robbo

robbo Active Member

Sound thanks, I noticed track days.co are doing it for £489,do you get any different with no limits ? There's 10 pint difference there !
    Did you sort hire car out with your flights ?

9. scooby

scooby Elite Member

just work hard,and spend it on what i enjoy doing :)

10. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

No Limits run a really good and relaxed track day. I don't know about the other company as I have not used them. Also with No Limits there are instructors on hand to help you if you require free of charge, which is very handy if you haven't been to the track before.

I booked my hire car through Economy Car Hire. You have to be careful in Portugal with the hire car companies as they have been known to add lots of extras to your quote when you get there. There is a toll charge for the motorway in Portugal that is done electronically, every time you pass under a gantry you are charged. This can be paid locally in a post office or your car will have a sensor on the dash and you pay the hire company. Some companies pre charge you 20 euros and even charge you for turning the sensor on. Another trick is to charge you for a full tank of petrol at sky high prices (I paid 120 euros for a full tank in a 1.2 Corsa) and you have to bring it back empty. You are not going to use a full tank in 3 days.

So after going there a few times now we use Economy Car Hire, they are really good. Just bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. They don't have sensors in the car, so you just prepay the tolls.