Positioning of Kriega tailpack restraining straps

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Sossige, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

Just bought a new Kriega tailpack (US-10), which looks like it has a new restraining system - loops that go under the seat which the tailpack then secures to with metal hooks.

The instructions are a bit crap and I can't see the best way of doing this. I know a few people on here have the tailpacks, could you take pictures of how you've put the restraining loops under the seat please, before I launch the things out of a window? :D

Asking for a 2008-2011 Blade.

Cheers!

2. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

What a total and utter faff. The problem I had is that whilst trying to fit the pillion seat back on, the restraining loops would just slide about or drop back into the storage compartment.

Eventually managed to get them to stay in place (could have done with an extra few hands). Wonder if maybe the loops shouldn't be protruding so much from the rear storage compartment?

2013-06-18 17.22.37.jpg

2013-06-18 17.34.43.jpg

3. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Wow is that the new version? Why are the straps white? Mine just go right under the seat and tighten up with the toggles. I will try and get a picture later

4. MrB

MrB God Like

Try and run the straps under the subframe for extra strength. I think Kriega may have had some issues with weight and now recommend trying to secure via the subframe hence the new straps and loops on some of the tail packs. You may need to loosen the rear cowl to access the subframe but easily done and then you can leave the straps in place all the time and just tuck them away when not needed.

5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

To get the 'White/Camel' coloured straps under and around the sub-frame requires the rear plastics to be slid off.

Once on they can stay there and get tucked inside the storage compartment when not in use.

The Pic of the loops sticking out is correct and how it should be before connecting the main 'Black' straps to them.

That Pic is a good illustration as to why the Pillion seat gets bent when strapping up the bigger Kreiga packs hence the whole Renntec thread.

BTW OP I had/Have a new US 10 for sale in the 'For Sale' section as I shoulda bought a US 20 instead! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

image.jpg

No problem here and that is a US20 tail pack with two US10 strapped either side! Photo taken just before my return journey from the 2010 IOM TT

7. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

8. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Just come back from 4 days in Scotland, no issues other than I would advise you re-tighten 20 miles down the road and also works better when full

Pic is 20 and 10

image.jpg

#8 Shutty, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  9. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sossige have you got a photo of how you attached the grey straps to the sub frame, I've just brought the hooks as had the old dry packs which didn't come with hooks

10. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Different year, but mine poke out about as much as yours. Its just a case of making sure they're not so short that they fall back in.

[​IMG]

11. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

Have replied to your PM mate.