Possible crank issue?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by superjet, Oct 21, 2018.

1. superjet

superjet New Member

Hi I posted this in the new members section but it might be better here, I've just bought an 09 fireblade and I'm thinking I may have the crank issue so would really appreciate some info if possible?

The bike has covered 6000miles and I've done around 400 since buying it 3 weeks ago. Not long after getting the bike home I started getting a niggling feeling that the motor is louder than it should be but I continued to ride it as it really wasn't much and I have a history of over analysing things being pretty mechanically fussy. However after my ride today it's got the better of me and now I'm down the hole!!!

So the motor doesn't knock at all and it doesn't whine either the noise is more a constant rustling whirl sound more prominent on the clutch side. If I blip the throttle to say around 4000rpm the noise pretty much goes but as the revs drop again off the throttle it makes a kinda fluttering sound (similar to a bad bearing) and returns to the previous noise. I've had the bike in gear and let the clutch out with brake applied and it does go quieter.

Can anyone maybe elaborate on this issue for me or give some thoughts on it? Is this issue common at low miles or more likely to be higher mile issue? Any help would be great!!!!

Cheers

2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Sounds like the CCT (cam chain tensioner) to me. Relatively cheap, easy fix. Loads of folks here have done it and YouTube videos are aplenty.

• Agree Agree x 1