Post "spoiler" in your title !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Pete H, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

No message, just though I'd use the space at the top of the page to get the message across as the title of announcements tends to stay up for ages.

Stop ruining the tt for me!!!!!

• Like Like x 7
  2. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I agree totally, but if the title gives the game away even if 'spoiler' is in it then it is too late.

Might have to give the board a break until TT is out of the way, hate to know results of things I have yet to see.

3. phantom

phantom Active Member

Yeah the odd motogp and tt spoiler thread's
    Do pop up.

4. explorer

explorer Member

Yeah totally agree, I like to watch rerun of days event without knowing who won.

5. MOz

MOz New Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I feel and if others agree anything to do with motorsport is kept in the right section of the forum. But Why not have a spoiler notice at the top of the racing and bike sport board so everyone is aware that before they open any threads they will/may contain spoilers

So if anyone goes to that area they cannot say they have not been warned before looking at these threads? But agree having titles like above does not help when it comes to the new threads on the main page :(

thoughts

#6 Remal, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  7. JM1

JM1 Active Member

That TT one is extremely annoying when you've only watched one of the races.
    Don't understand why people feel the need to do that.

8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Putting spoiler in the title is helpful, but also if you put the result at the start of the post it will also show up on the TapaTalk. Also how long after a race do you need to put the spoiler tag on it? If someone is working shifts they may still not know the result the next day.

Personally if I am deliberately avoiding a result I stay away from forums, they're modern day equivalent of TV and Radio for the Likely Lads.

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Same here. I don't want to hear what happens on Moto GP or F1 so just stay off here, FB etc.. until I have watched it

10. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I've just sent my local Honda dealer a message thanking them for the TT results, as I have them as a face book friend they stuck a big picture and the result on my iPad:(
    I'm just going to have to go next year

11. phantom

phantom Active Member

yeah I have a few racing friends so they update every result.
    I have to keep off facebook until I watch the race :s

12. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Pointless watching these now. As I know who won the first one. Thanks " mate" I am referring to the original poster.

#12 Kevin1, Jun 4, 2013
  13. MOz

MOz New Member

But some of us don't have that luxury and like to check in without fear of ruining everything. Event name and SPOILER in caps after it is all the thread title needs and then results and gossip etc can be discussed by those who have seen it or know the result at length.

Why is that so difficult? This policy should be implemented immediately.

14. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Why don't you have the Luxury of staying off facebook or forums until you have watched races? it's not that difficult.

Have you missed the announcement posting in the heading of racing and motorsport thread.? ?

have you missed my reply asking members to inform me or ken or report future posts if this happens?

we can do only so much and if people feel that strongly then they need to keep of the internet until they have watched the race

15. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Now, that’s what I have been thinking Carl, could a plan in the making here.

16. MOz

MOz New Member

OK, so "luxury" wasn't really the correct word to use but why should we have to stay off this forum until we have watched any racing? We shouldn't. The simple answer is to make sure the thread titles are correct. Then you mods wouldn't have to waste your time spotting / being informed of titles which ruin it for the masses.

And I posted the above before I saw the other bits you mentioned but I still maintain thread title discipline is the best way forward.

17. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

in the end if anyone really does not want to find out then the only way to sop finding out is to not go into bike forums, or facebook etc...

and this is done by the person who posts not the mods, it was a over site and not the end of the world. the OP found this out and I don't think will be posting who win's int he title again. We live and learn.

But if you think for 1 moment everyone is going to follow the rules/forget once in a while on a Forum then you have not been on any forums I have been on for the past 15 years.

Does everyone not think that mistakes happen? people get things wrong, apologies

live and learn

End of

#17 Remal, Jun 4, 2013
  18. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Think there's a chance you may now be milking it a little with this discussion?

In no way a dig at Megs, but I've not seen as much debate about personal abuse towards an indevidual or even a profession, so that's ok as long as you don't mention what happened in a race?

Get the point, someone made a silly mistake and it ruined the excitement for some that hadn't seen the days racing, but ffs lads can we move on now?

#18 Dave V, Jun 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 4