Power Commander 5 - ABS

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by BladeHRC, Jul 12, 2011.

1. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

Yesterday I fitted a PCV and O2 sensor eliminator. I couldnt be bothered taking most of the arse end apart to feed the cable through from the tail section, so I secured the unit under the front seat. There's more guff under there with the ABS system. I managed to do it without removing the tank. I just removed the front two tank bolts and slackened the rear two a bit, then swung the tank up and put a hammer to prop it up.

Finding the plug to connect the O2 sensor eliminator was fun! Its basically a black plug which you can get to from under the tank. Its fixed to the left side of the frame close to injector 1.

I put everything back together then hooked up the laptop. I sent the correct map to the PCV, then checked the throttle position went from 0-100%. Then I calibrated the speed with a target of 40mph followed by the Gear Calibration.

Went for a ride and wasnt all that impressed! I could tell that there was a more instant hit of power low down as expected without the flatspot, but the smoothness wasnt quite there. Maybe I was expecting too much? I'm wandering if I should have left the speed calibration and gear calibration alone??? The unit was second hand so thought I better do it?

Maybe I should get it on a dyno!?

2. fisher

fisher Active Member

What map did you load-up for the bike mate

3. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

The gear and speed calibration is only required if you create a map with more than one table. The downloaded maps won't be that detailed to take into account gear position etc. You will need a custom map for that

The best way to access the O2 plug is behind the left side fairing. Undo the top silver bolt and you can get your hand in. It's right behind the 'cbr' badge. No need to lift the tank for that

Also no need to stripthe rear end apart. There us enough room on the left side of the bike to feed the connectors thru and velco the unit right down inside the tail unit so it takes up no space really

4. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Custom map all the way.

Cost a little more, but at least you know you've got the best map for your set up.

5. flatstickHRC

Yep I would agree. For best results a custom map is the way. The downloaded maps are only somewhere near

6. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Are you still running the standerd exhaust ? If so then the cat is what is killing it and in my experienve the biggest improvment in power is when you de-cat with an aftermarket exhaust

7. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

It was the map for Yoshi R77, O2 eliminator and stock air filter m8

8. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

Ok cool... what do you recommend I do? Should I somehow reset or wipe the speed and gear calibration data?

I had the tank up anyway, so it saved me delving behind the fairing, but probably easier to go behind the fairing if you are not already under the tank!

There isnt enough room to feed the connectors through on the ABS version m8. It looks really easy in the vid on the non-ABS bike.

9. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

I'm thinking about getting the bike Dyno'd at Motrac...

Motrac : DynoJet

Its about the nearest to me I would say.

Might wait a bit tho! Been spending quite a bit on the bike recently!

10. Si.

Si. God Like

I had my previous bike set up at Motrac. Steve is a great bloke and very knowledgeable. The best money I ever spent on the daytona. I even video'd him:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

11. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

N1 Si..... Cant get the link to work tho. Did you send it from ur mob?

12. Si.

Si. God Like

• Like Like x 1
  13. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

Just thought I would post a pic of how I mounted the PCV. Its about the only place under the seat that it will go...

[​IMG]

14. flatstickHRC

Did you run the wires from the main harness to the PCV for speedo pick up and gear position?

For these features to work to need to splice a couple of wires From the ecu for the speedo and connect them to the terminals on the bottom of the PCV.

I think the basic fuel/throttle position table is enough. No real need for the gear position map etc to be activated IMO

• Like Like x 1
  15. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

No, I havent connected any additional wires to the main harness... So the speed calibration and gear calibration is redundant with my simple setup?

Hmmmmm... wonder why the smoothness isnt too great then? Would it make a difference having a DB killer? Doesnt mention if this map had the DB killer in or out.

16. dan.1moore1

Im pretty sure there is a DB killer in map and an out map. Could make a difference but for the best results get it tuned by a dynojet tuner. The best price i have found is 140 at R.E.P.S in newport

• Like Like x 1
  17. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

Ahhhh... just noticed there are these maps...

M16-002-507 Yoshimura slip-on exhaust with baffle, Stock or aftermarket air filter, Dynojet O2 eliminator fitted
    M16-002-508 Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, Stock or aftermarket air filter, Dynojet O2 eliminator fitted

(I take it these are for the R77??? as what else would they be for?)

I loaded this map up...

M16-002-504 Yoshimura R-77 slip-on, Stock or aftermarket air filter, O2 Eliminator fitted

18. dan.1moore1

Are these from the web site or the CD ?
    I know that on the website 1 of the Yoshi maps is wrongly labled and on the CD it is actually a Scorpion map. So for the correct maps go the the maps on the CD .. The yoshi 1's will be R77 maps

19. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

Havent even looked at the CD! I assumed that the CD would most likely be out of date and the website would have the latest versions! Thanks for the heads up!

20. dan.1moore1

I have a scorpion at the moment and when i was waiting for the PCV to be deliverd i couldnt find a map for it on the website but when the CD came there was a scorpion map on the CD. I checked the number on the website and it was the yoshi map.

Anouther member on here then posted that he has a yoshi and when he phoned Dynojet they told him that the scorpion map has been labled a yoshi map on the website. they told him it was going to be updated but they might not have yet.

Upload the maps from the CD and see if the yoshi maps there work better