Power commander III

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by firebladestarter, Nov 23, 2012.

1. firebladestarter

Been thinking about getting a power commander 3 for my 04 blade. Is this going to be a case of plug & play, download a suitable map for Arrow exhaust & K&N air filter and notice a better difference?

I ask this because when I had my new 05 ZX10R a mechanic told me that he would need the bike all day long to sort out the fueling which apparently is mapped for every 200RPM in every gear, is this the truth of it?

2. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Getting a custom map is the only way to get the best out of the bike but a map you download will give better fueling also

3. firebladestarter

So am I going to notice an improvement, my bike runs fairly good at the moment apart from maybe low end grunt.

4. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

If I were you Id open up the intake/remove the flapper (loads of info on the net) add a nice filter sort your exhaust if its stock fit the PC3 (download a map then get mapped later on) add one/two tooth on the rear and she will be a whole new bike.

Or disable the flapper, fit the PC3 and load a map, should help the flat spot around 3k, not that Ive ever really had a problem around 3k....lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

All day? jeez the dyno guy obviously doesnt know what he is doing then. decent dyno op should be able to map a lightly fettled road bike in around 2 hours.

• Like Like x 1
  6. arthurbikemad

Maybe he went for a ride....lol Or a track day? ;)

7. firebladestarter

Thanks for the info peeps, the flapper mods seems common ground so I'll take a look this weekend, might have already been done. Other than that as I said it's running an Arrow system & K&N. So it looks like the commander will hopefully make it all the sweeter

8. arthurbikemad

Check your gearing as stock gearing 04/05 is a bit flat IMO.

9. firebladestarter

What's the stock gearing? I think I noticed 40T on the rear.

10. levin

levin Active Member

Im hoping to get a pc3/5 for my 1000rr in the new year and get it custom mapped,
    my last bike was a 954 with bmc filter flapper removed , stubby akrapovic end can with the htev removed,
    I got a pc3 and custom map and noticed the differance straight away , no mater where u are in the rev range when u put the throttle on
    it felt like the sweet spot, if that makes sense, and pulled like a train
    I also was -1/+1 or 2