Power Commander with dyno setup advice

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Chriscbr, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Chriscbr

Chriscbr Active Member

My 2014 blade with a racefit exhaust is having a Power commander fitted on Friday and I have explained my reasons to the workshop are : "to reduce the snatch when rolling on the throttle and to make it smoother at low revs" . I am not interested in more power or fuel economy etc. When I discussed this with them they seem to suggest it will be setup to run correctly and I get the impression from them that the bike will be setup with the correct mixture and my requirements to run smoother at low revs will be resolved by the correct settings. So my question is when its fitted can they focus on certain parameters to get smoothness or is there simply an optimal setup that works for the bike?

Cheers Chris

2. mikesouthby

mikesouthby Active Member

Chris, I am no expert and I'm sure others will be along shortly but I presume you mean as part of the setup your machine is going on the dyno? If so, I wouldn't worry as this is what the guys do best and not only will she feel more smooth and less snatchy, but probably give a few extra horses too ;)

3. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

I had my 2011 blade fitted with a Racefit Black Edition and Power Commander and I had it set up by Crescent Suzuki at Verwood. I told them I only used the bike on the road and not on track and the power deliver was more important than outright power.

The told me they would set it up for that and got a 6bhp increase and a much smoother power delivery, particularly on and off throttle and it was noticeable.

So yes, they can map for outright power...... and they can get rid of flat spots which gives a smoother power delivery. An aftermarket exhaust, whatever make and quality will normally end up with flat spots or areas where the air to fuel ratio is out, resulting in lost power or poor power delivery.

Most with do a "Before & After" power run & graph, so you'll be able to see where the delivery has been improved.