Protection

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Dave V, May 23, 2013.

1. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

In true "Dave" style I've been putting off getting a number of things i'd like for the bike ready for Jimbo and my European tour starting on the 14th June.

Rather than reducing the list appears to be growing and even the normal dosile Mrs V is starting to stir with amount I seem be constantly shelling out on my toys. I could take the 929, but would be rude to not do the ring on the 10.

Been on tour on the 10 before, but lessons learnt mean I'm trying to prepare a little better than previously.

Some of the stuff sorted in addtlon all the kit I already have.

Service, thanks Arthur

SBS dual compound pads, thanks for the recommendation firebloke.

Renntec sports rail- see Col's and Gary's in Scotland, lol will save the pillon seat from curling.

Evotech rad guard to replace my previous home mde job. Thanks Art

Double bubble screen, thanks Art

From memory, still to get:

Memory cards for the Gopro

Givi clip on tank bag

New charging system for phones, gopro etc, the old one has been playing up so will rip it out and start again.

New tyres, trips around 3k so going for road 3's that will hopefully last.

Decision around the Racefit can, really nice but fook it's loud. The guys have offered to mod it for me so a baffle can be fitted.

Moulded ear plugs, would like the ones Jimbo has that contain speakers and can be hard wired into the scala- £180 with a four week lead time.

Rear hugger. If I'm honest not really my bag as prefare the small standard one, but would like to limit the undertray stone chips.

Engine casings of some kind, as with the hugger not about looks but trying to limit the stones chips on the parts that stick out further than the fairings

Roles of the Oxford thick protection film. Have venture shield fitted, but the kit doesn't cover all parts that seem to cop it and whilst great stuff, doesn't stop everything- remember I'm following the "Jim Riper" for nine days!

Appreciate that none of this is really expensive, but does all add up.

Before I go and buy all this stuff new, has anyone got any bits they want rid of? Hugger and engine casings in particular. Any condition and colour/material considered for the right price.

Cheers

#1 Dave V, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  2. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

It adds up, Dave! Mrs Longshanks has become a little 'bike-unreasonable' of late. About tyres - you could save £30 and get the Metzeler M5's that Si and others rave about.

What do you reckon?

3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

i'll pop round about 1am on the 13th to help fit it all like we normally do then mate ;)

also been trying to plan ahead. which is sooooo unlike me!

my list includes new sprocket (think the old one has gone :) ) £50
    tyres are sorted
    service - really neaded. £££???
    some oxford stuff - but prob not worth it as bike is now FOOKED from scotland. i'll nick Dave's
    new pads / fluid £60
    rad guard £55

like you say soon adds up.

all i got to think of now is a safe way to get that lot done under the cover of darkness.... Mrs Jimbo is not pleased about the general Orange County Choppers bikyness that has gone on her drive this year...

you sorted eoro breakdown cover out yet mate?

#3 Jimbo Vills, May 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Never tried them but like you say plenty of people rave about them.

Just can't see them lasting the tour and don't want the hassle of having to try to source tyres when we're out there, lucky if I get 2k from a Sportsmart rear.

Seperate note, let's make sure the misses don't meet up, could be dangerous for us both! Jimbo and I already have both the mrs V's on sepertion tatics!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

think me and Mrs V are close to that lol

edit - my Mrs V ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

Arf! Good plan, Stan!

I'd pm Si. I think he does decent tours on them without changing mid-hols. Think they're a similar sort of tyre to the pr3 in terms of life expectancy.

And another one - a mate uses an ortlieb 40L bag on the pillion. Was cheap, watertight and mega stable. I'll find the link.

7. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

he has the full kreiga set up dude. he's one of us !! lol

8. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Cheers mate. I have plenty of luggage for the pillion, both U/S 20 and 30 which will be fine. The tank bags just so I can put my wallet, phone, visor clener etc in, usally use the Kriega bum bag but not with the tail stuff as can't sit up rght to stretch my back.

9. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Got Euro cover free with my bank account, well free in that it comes with it!!

Dude, we need that lock up!!

#9 Dave V, May 23, 2013
  10. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Just fit Ventura and its all done lol

11. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

I'll stick with my Kriega gear mate, especially after seeing Jay's Ventura bag decide it wanted to make it's own way to the cafe!!

• Like Like x 2