Pyrenees - my thoughts on why you must ride them plus tips / routes / info.

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Alblade, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

This is spot on if you ask me! And Exactly the route me and my pal bones looked at before we realised we'd left the boat too late.

2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Alblade - clear your inbox fella

3. Moily

Moily Active Member

Yeah I didn't want to modify it to include the Pyrenees routes until I saw your recommendations so will take those and create a proper route, ta.

You make a good point about reversing the route and using the ferry to relax. The reasoning behind the original direction was that we'd done the 'Ring down through the Black Forest, Alps into Italy already so this would be new to us, but it does make sense to finish with the ferry back. Will have a think.

Length of trip isn't an issue as we usually do 10-14 days. Did France-RN-Haute-Alpes-Italy-Tuscany-Adriatic last year for Misano MotoGP and then back through Lake Maggiore, Colmar, Champagne and home in 3 days so would probably do UK-Mugello in 3 days and 7-10 days across to Bilbao, or same in reverse.

#23 Moily, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  4. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Map 2 added to first post - have maybe another 2 maps to add as we have tended to do the same routes each year - others may be able to add more info. / ideas for western end.

5. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Added another map - for route 1 and route 2 can you give me some feedback on how useful they are, (with the clickable markers) - you need to open the link to the map, not click the screen shot posted.
    Its taking much longer than I thought - but prob. half way there or more to cover main routes I have done.

• Like Like x 2
  6. chrisjh

chrisjh New Member

proper gold mine of information will be downloading this thanks