Quick Action Throttle

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by SimonT, Jun 17, 2015.

1. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Just completed my second track day on the blade and am loving it.

One thing I did notice was I found I was having to "wind" on the throttle to get it against the stop.

Would a quick action throttle help with this and if so any particular make or brand recommended?

Cheers

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I have a HRC QA throttle on my RR6 and get much less wrist ache than I used to on my previous track bike. It seems ro take up the slack in the cable too, so less twisting needed, but still smooth.

3. Sam Bird

Sam Bird New Member

I have one on my GSXR750 and it's Fantastic, really changes the response from the throttle, But... although i'm used to it now, be careful the first time you ride it, go easy as i went out and just pinned the throttle thinking it wouldn't be much different and it threw the front wheel in the air so fast and high i had to react so quickly on the Back Brake to avoid it throwing me off the Back!! but it is definately a recomended upgrade, i have the Hairy RS one but not sure if that is available for a Blade, I got mine from BDS (give Mike a shout he will be able to tell you more.) One word of advice, It is a very easy job to do yourself if you are handy with the spanners, but you really do need to know how to adjust the throttle cables as if you do it wrong the throttle will stick open the first time you pin it!!

4. Frost1

Frost1 Active Member

Just fitted HRC one that I got off ebay, fits standard cables on my RR6, just :) Only paid £20 odd so its a cheap option. Not tried on road yet but seems fine in garage.