Quite baffled

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stevie_d, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

2. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i got a piece of paper and measured and marked the spacings out exactly as the above posters link to get the minimum legal size for my plate .having 2 number 1s makes a big difference to the legal size of the plate.

3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

What's happened with this @Stevie_d ?
    Been a few times on those roads the last month & it's made me a bit paranoid now about the vans that are always around there!

4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

That's where I got pulled for mine too, just across in Selby. It was easily solved though, I just now avoid riding near Selby :D

5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I had to adapt the cunning plan of waving wildly at my mate & pointing at my rear end to bunch up right close behind me as a sort of numberplate shield :D

6. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

£100 fine or contest in court , decided to just pay it . Now put the barn door size number plate back on

7. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

That's a bugger :(

8. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Tell me about it , I'm awaiting new software coming on platecreator.com website mid August . Should be able to create exactly what I want then , apparently it will enable cutting and pasting letters and numbers etc

9. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I wonder if folks with dodgy private car plates that read nothing like they should are getting targeted too o_O
    Or is it just us great unwashed with a few cms shaved off our plates getting hassled.
    Why do I get the impression some jobsworth in a government dept has added it to the moneymaking capabilities of the vans :rolleyes:

10. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Thousands more illegally spaced car number plates than slightly small bike plates . I'm suspecting mine came up with an anpr no read so they've zoomed in to the video to get my number plate . I doubt they have anything that advanced to measure numbers and letters while on the move , with nowt to compare it to

• Agree Agree x 1