r&g tail tidy

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by alexg56, Apr 24, 2012.

1. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

bought one a few weeks ago. for 08 blade. instructions dont match the 08 though. had a look on r&g and the fitting instructions are different from the ones i got. anyone know if the unit is the same for all models {08-10} had someone fitting it for me while removing the pillion pegs

2. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I think there is 2 types of tail tidy available from R&G for the 08- blade. One I believe is cheaper and made of metal bracketry and the other is the plastic 1. Maybe you have the instructions for the other 1???

• Like Like x 1
  3. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

Aye its the cheaper metal bracket one. Didnt realise there was a difference. Just ordered the tail tidy at best price. Not through r&g.take it the one i have is no good for my blade?

4. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I've heard a few people saying the metal 1 is pretty poor, though I can't say personally as it's the plastic 1 I've had fitted since new.

5. JM1

JM1 Active Member

I'm pretty sure mine is made of plastic and metal?

6. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Best of both world then..... good plastic and crappy metal ! lol

7. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

problem solved, they had sent the wrong unit, pretty good of them changing it as well past a month since i recieved it. so hopefully soon i can get it fitted. pillion pegs are off so bike looking better already. plus came home to a letter saying i,m no longer at risk of redundancy:D. and as i,m working loads of hours i,ll have a bit of spare cash for lifes essentials, a new end can:), its an addiction!

• Like Like x 1