Race Schools - Ron Haslam?

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by RepsolSam, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

£260 seems good value for money.

2. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Not as good value as Cadwell park 7X 20 min sessions for £99 ;)
    Instruction if required free with the price :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wurzel45

Wurzel45 Active Member

I did my first track day with focused events at silverstone late last year, pissed down from the end of the first season to the last but loved every minute, Infact the rain probably did me a favour as after just the first dry season I was feeling maybe a bit too confident but finished the day still upright. Can't wait for the next one:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. SimonT

SimonT New Member

I was of the track day teach yourself school of thought. However if you honestly say you don't need training what team are you riding for in Moto GP next season?

I've just booked California SS levels 1&2 back to back in April so will report back.

• Like Like x 1
  5. pete954

pete954 Active Member

Everyone is not necessarily aspiring to be the next works rider for HRC. Im sure most track day riders are just trying to have a bit of fun, get their knee down and get home in one piece. You can achieve those goals without the help of a "race school ". But as the saying goes, you pays your money.............

6. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Yes and no. I have have used a couple of these free/cheap tray day "training" and whilst they might help you go a bit faster round that particular track they don't teach you how and why.

I see the training as indexed linked as once you learn the how and why you can then practice rather than trial and error...well that's my thoughts and it could well be different for other people.

7. Paul Bills

Paul Bills New Member

8. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Go for it. While you are there pay £50 and get Colin from 100% suspension to set your bike up. He does an initial set up based on your weight and then checks it after each session. If you are after confidence knowing your bike is set up properly is a big step in the right direction.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sideshow Pob

Sideshow Pob Active Member

Just to add another option into this discussion for you, have you seen the Instructed Trackdays on offer from my company Black & White Bikes?
    The dates for 2016 are:

Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire
    Wednesday 18th May & Thursday 19th May
    Wednesday 14th September & Thursday 15th September

Rockingham Motor Speedway, Northampton
    Monday 1st August & Tuesday 2nd August

New Format for 2016
    As you can see we are now running over 2 days and will be using 2 different formats
    Day 1
    The first day will be the same as our very successful previous events where you ride all day with an instructor. 2 groups and 30 minute sessions mean lots of track time and plenty of instruction.
    That's 3 1/2 hours of tracktime available to you and you share your instructor with up to 2 other riders. We ran this type of day in 2015 at Cadwell Park and we have tremendous feedback from 100% of those that attended.
    Day 2
    We are introducing a bit more freedom into the second day with 3 groups (Novice, Intermediate & Advanced) and the chance to ride the track without an instructor always with you. However we will have plenty of instructors available and they will be watching and helping even if you don't think they are! There will be 4 instructors allocated to each group so when you are not on track you can still discuss your riding with them in the paddock.

And of course, all our days give you the following added benefits:

FREE Photography by Alex James
    FREE suspension advice & set up
    FREE technical support
    FREE homemade cake
    Tyre support & advice (Advice is free, tyres are not!)

DAY 1 - £250 per person
    DAY 2 - £150 per person
    You can choose either day or book both days & get a 10% discount (£360)
    Call us on 01507 588 149 to book now.

Or check out the website - www.blackandwhitebikes.co.uk
    or the Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/BlackWhiteBikes

• Like Like x 3
  10. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Really looking to get in on this at Cadwell. Will see how funds are nearer the time.

Already spoken to a friend who is also up for this.

Looks like a cracking setup