Race suspension and fork kit 2015 blade

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Liddell98, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Looking for some advice!

Only started doing track days a month or so again and making extremely good progress, with all going well my first race this weekend.

I've done various upgrades, rear sets, brake fluid, pads, chain and sprocket etc.

I've been told that suspension will really make a big difference so managed to get a near enough brand new ohlins rear shock which should be due here tomorrow.

I'm currently in the process of almost committing to a front fork kit ohlins for £1400 supplied and fitted.. is it really worth it and will it make a difference? I've been told to change springs and oil but the guy am dealing with said your better going for fill kit as you can catch a rear wheel but not a front... not sure if it's just the sales pitch or what.

Does the front suspension really make a difference or not?

I've done 4 track days in total, 2 in reverse out the 4 and I'm getting into the 56s at knockhill, so I would consider myself fairly quick... is going to spend this sort of money really worth it and will it benefit me or not!

Thanks in advance

2. Dazzler54

Dazzler54 Member

Suspension improvement will definitely help but it’s not necessary at club level to spend £1400. A Ktech valve kit with the correct springs for your weight setup properly will make a big difference and cost less than £500.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slick

Slick Elite Member

I just did a simple ktech spring and revalve, huge difference!

I'm 70kg ish fully suited and with the stock suspension couldn't get near the optimal sags and it was a little too harsh and skipping around, now its absolutely planted.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

So how did the Dani Pedrosa diet go? Great results by the sound of it!!

On a serious note (of which I have only few) it's magic when we finally feel 'at home' on our machines. Sometimes it takes a while and ups and downs before they're dialled in, but when it's finally right, whoaaaa.:)

5. Slick

Slick Elite Member

That 2 boxing sessions and hours in the gym, back to fighting weight!.

Agree when the bike is dialled it's just awesome to ride!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Thanks for the replies, think I'm just going to go for changing the spring's option and see how I get on. Cheers!