Racefit or akra slip on??

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Brett538, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Brett538

Brett538 New Member

Was going to order the akra megaphone gp slip on pipe for my 15 repsol but do like the look of the racefits but thought they needed a map or PC but after phoning racefit themselves they told me on new blades there is no need to map!!?? anyone got either and how do they ride with no mapping?

2. Voleracing

Voleracing Active Member

Hi

I have the akrapovic megaphone no pcv or remap required. The standard setup has flat spots at 3000rpm and 7000rpm(EU emission laws to blame) which after fitting the akro are no longer there!

I have seen and heard a racefit at a local bike meet and it was hunting like crazy on tick over which suggests to me it needs a pcv and dyno time?

@Brett538 please check this link out .

http://1000rr.co.uk/threads/what-new-exhaust-for-a-new-blade.289/page-21#post-388059

3. Brett538

Brett538 New Member

That's the akra I'm thinking of looks great on your bike I have repsol tho so the belly pan is white so daft as it sounds like the racefit for the in fill panel that the akra doesn't have.. (Maybe I could doctor 1) you notice lower gains then? How is sound compared with stock?

4. Voleracing

Voleracing Active Member

Hi no the akro has improved the bike in the sound and performance dept. The flat spots are there with standard exhaust fitted.

I no what you mean about infill panel if akro made one i would snap one up.

Akro is loud but doesnt make your ears bleed like the racefit ;)

https://www.facebook.com/paul.allen.9/videos/855275271219065/?pnref=story

• Like Like x 1
  5. MPJ

MPJ Active Member

Love that pipe, wish it would fit an 09 !!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brett538

Brett538 New Member

Yours looks good without as you have black frame and belly pan so don't notice as much... That pipe does sound nice I'd be happy with that ;)