Read This

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Gums, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Gums

Gums Active Member

2. flurbs

flurbs Active Member

Shocking. Every person deserves the right to be treated with care and dignity. Yet again, when concerns are raised, certain institutions try to minimise or dismiss those concerns.

3. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

F*cking scum!!! :mad:

4. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

This is what happens when the care and welfare of vulnerable people are placed in the hands of the private sector. They charge extortionate fees, but employ abusive, insensitive scum because all they care about is the profit that is being made. The government conveniently ignores the problem saying that they will introduce rules and guidelines for these places to adhere to, whilst at the same time cutting jobs from those that are supposed to enforce them. It's an absolute fecking disgrace!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

I would life them off in jail.....

6. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

lets hope their future fellow inmates treat them the same.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I disagree 1000% and heres why

I work in the private sector and see both sides, NHS and Private weekly. and have done for almost 20 years. You get bad in both sections but I pride myself and supporting my residents, our staff and any visitors as highly as I can. And if my staff don't do the same they will not work for me.

The care home for learning disability's in South glos that kicked all this off 4-5 years ago was funded by the NHS not private sector.

Recently in the past 2-3 years CQC have started inspecting all NHS care environments. Why not in the past 25 years as the private sector had??? Look at the stuff they have found out about LA's and local hospitals? poor service and mismanagement?

Not having a go just expressing my views also. The things I have seen in Social services homes and the Hospitals over the years would make your eyes bleed. And yes If I feel I need to take it further I have no issues in doing so

Past few years I have had vulnerable adults come out of hospital with cannulas in their arms still, social services homes with 5 Star rating with no fire door closers in all bedrooms. They pass areas my private care home would not get away with. the private sector has had more rules and guidelines than any NHS care home or hospital has in the 26 years I have been involved with my place

No having a go at anyone just getting my view across

re the link in the first post I hope they never get a job looking after people and find it bloody horrid they would do things such as this

#7 Remal, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  8. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

I agree that there are problems with public sector care also, but the government is pushing private sector care and their increased fees with promises of better care and welfare. Situations like the one in this article prove that often isn't the case - so you have to ask yourself - what are we actually paying for?

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

The government is not pushing the private sector, they are just closing the Social services homes. In my instance. Why because the cost to run their own homes is almost double what it costs to run our home. which is run well. But they also don't want to pay for care. which like this time (in private or NHS) can result is poor staffing.

again mismanagement.

• Like Like x 1