Rear wheel removal - Issues!

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Simon CORE, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Simon CORE

Simon CORE New Member

2009 track day bike. Trying to remove the rear wheel. Spindle will move a couple of inches and then jams solid. Not had the bike long but had plenty of other bikes over the years and generally removing the rear wheel should be straight forward. Anyone know what could be the problem or what I am doing wrong. I have tried wiggling the wheel up and down and side to side whilst pulling on the spindle but no joy. I am loathe to hit it any harder than I have done so far as don't want to damage anything. Is this a known fault? As I say the bike is new to me and I have little experience of Hondas but a rear wheel removal should be straight forward? Am I missing something? It has captive wheel spacers which I have no experience of, could that have any bearing on the subject?
    Anyone got any ideas? Getting quite frustarted now!

2. jokeshopbeard

jokeshopbeard Active Member

I normally give it a little tap with a rubber mallet to get it started but I've never known it to jam part way like that. I think it's one of those things that you're just gonna have to wiggle and fight and swear at for a bit, and then once you have it all apart it will probably be obvious.

3. Muffking

Muffking God Like

As above. Use a rubber mallet and a socket extension bar to hammer the axel out and check if it has rusted. Re grease and try again. Also check the bearings are not rusted too.

• Like Like x 1