Recommended Suppliers, parts . dealers etc...

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Remal, Oct 2, 2011.

1. abv

abv Active Member

I've got to reccomend Moto-Tyres.co.uk Motorbike Tyres ordered Saturday, they arrived today and the cheapest prices I could find £219.60 delivered for Sportsmarts with 55 profile rear.

Date stamp on the tyres is 2811 so the're not old stock or anyting like that.

Very pleased.

2. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Just received my new Rukka Athos jacket from FC-Moto.de - Motorrad-Helme, Motorradbekleidung, Jet Helme & Cross Helme who are based in Germany. Ordered it four days ago and received today via UPS.

The jacket price was 375 Euros, with delivery the total price was 398 Euros, about £312.

Not particularly advocating the jacket (although I am very pleased with it) but the prices are worth checking out. The jacket retails in the UK for £549. So I am very happy with the saving.

I also have heard good things about http://biker-land.de from other forums, who also german based. Well worth a look at for those expensive items.

I prefer using UK suppliers in principle but there is a big difference in prices.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Did you get hit for import tax?

4. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Within the EU there are no import or VAT charges :)

5. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Jamie is spot on , prices are very good and they both seem reliable, nothing but praise for FC Moto.

• Like Like x 1
  6. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Just used these these guys to supply me with A GPR 4 steering damper : CRG Levers Rearsets Mirrors GPR Steering Damper Arata Exhaust they also supply CRG levers which I have used in the past.

I ordered the GPR yesterday and it arrived today. I dealt with a guy called Danny Pearson, exceptionally helpful and friendly. They have £20 off the price of the GPR 4 at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. exfire

exfire Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

Paid for a pair of the discontinued TCX s-race goretex boots from Harper's Race Shop in Essex at London bike show. Couldn't remember the size. Phoned them a few days later and they arrived by liveried Fedex the next day. Size 49! Not exactly common. Well impressed. Good, family outfit. Dad makes Wolf leathers, mum runs the shop and the son works on the interweb side of things. Just the sort of business I love. Mustard.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

I've got to recommend MCA in Leicester. Just bought a new suit from them. Great service!

• Like Like x 3
  10. julestys

julestys Active Member

After looking at the offers in places such as MCN on the Fireblade I thought I would pop down to my local dealer and see what was on offer.
    My local dealer is CG Chell in Stafford.
    Now I cannot recommend them highly enough.
    The price I got to purchase my Blade was excellent, better than I had seen elsewhere plus 42 months interest free credit on a good portion of the purchase price
    They supplied all the extras I wanted (R+G) at a reduced price and fitted them for free.
    They also offered a price for my VFR in September and honoured that same price when I took delivery at the end of December!
    Being in the motor trade myself that came as a pleasant surprise, as the first thing people do is chip you when the part ex date changes.
    The aftersales service has also been excellent, as any extra gear I want such as Kriega luggage, they will supply for the same price as I found on the net.
    In a world where we all (including me) seem to think the best deals are on the net, it certainly pays to give the local guys a chance.
    After all they won't stay local for much longer if nobody buys from them??
    I now know the people at Chells on first name terms and will make sure I "Keep it Local" in future

• Like Like x 3
  11. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Just a quick shout for bike tyres leeds. They were brilliant today, pulled up outside and within 2 minutes my bike was in their workshop. ride in ride out was £30 which i think is very good. I could not have asked for anymore

• Like Like x 1
  12. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

13. Kafka

Kafka New Member

14. Grant Hay

Grant Hay New Member

Tom at Biohazard in the US , sorted me out a R-77 for a great price .

Highly recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RedBull

RedBull Member

I need some wet weather / winter tyres ASAP. ...Wheel spinning and fish-tailing at 90mph....eeeek!

any suggestions on tyres and on-line suppliers?

or a recommended local garage within the Plymouth area.

Cheers
    RedBull

16. abv

abv Active Member

Only one answer for that.

Michelin Pilot Road 4.

Can't help with suppliers though.

17. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

18. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Just got mine off Tyre Leader for less than 200 squids for both front and rear ,well chuft just need them fitting for another £20 at my local. Weirdly each tyre was sent via different courier ,Royal mail for the front and DPD for the rear. Bit of a shock when only one arrived only to have another arrive a few hours later....

19. RedBull

RedBull Member

Cheers for all the tips and advice :)

1 set of Michelin's road pilot 4 purchased from Oponeo...who I've used before and are second to none on price. Well worth a look for any future tyre purchases.

Total cost £195 + free P&P

http://http://www.oponeo.co.uk/

#59 RedBull, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  20. madfish2001

madfish2001 Active Member

I also have to recommend Tom at Biohazard. Excellent, quick service and good communications throughout.