Recommended Suppliers, parts . dealers etc...

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Remal, Oct 2, 2011.

1. TheRamJam

TheRamJam Well-Known Member

2. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I just renewed my insurance and thought i'd get give BeWiser a go as they were advertising the chance to win BSB hospitality tickets if you got a quote.

I was happy with my quote of Fully comp with all mods declared of £220ish for the year from my current provider - Bikesure.

I always shop around but was surprised to get near enough identical cover from BeWiser for £135ish. Very happy (just need to convince the wife that I don't need to sell the Blade now lol)

3. The Porter

The Porter Active Member

I can recommend a decent place to get your bike MOT near Maidstone, Kent. The garage is called Allcars and is in Chart Sutton. All he does is MOT's so won't rip you off, he's also a biker and a nice fella to boot. Definitely worth a go, nice coffee shop up the road too. Details are: www.allcarschartsutton.co.uk or phone: 01622 844 579.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dutch Phil

Dutch Phil New Member

5. ray

ray Well-Known Member

6. jc6830

jc6830 Active Member

Big nod to GPwheels Honda dealer in Grimsby. (01472 354402) Willing to give discount for buying in bulk, service/parts manager Andy is a decent bloke and nothing is too much trouble. don't rip you off on postage if you can't get into store either.

7. godba1

godba1 New Member

Hunts Manchester

8. Dutch Phil

Dutch Phil New Member

I dont like Mancs either mate. Oh...'Hunts'.....sorry about that, misread it :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Empty_Ten

Empty_Ten Active Member

I've just had my 2010 Blade serviced (16,000 miles valve clearance) by Artur at Desmo Shed - https://www.desmoshed.co.uk/

He is based in Barnet, North West London and used to be one of the mechanics at Metropolis Motorcycles in Barnet.

The website is a bit plain and there is more activity on his Facebook Page.

Very happy with the work done, the bike feels great and has been given some long overdue TLC. Great communications, discussed options with me (ie whether I wanted plugs replaced or just inspected).

I had concerns about my battery and he told me to drop in prior to the service so he could do a battery check. Also checked brake fluid, pads and headstock all at the same time to see whether any additional parts would be needed (there weren't and the battery was good).

Very enthusiastic about bikes and he obviously loves what he does. Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM & Ducati certified. He also did the Master Cylinder work on my MT10.

Sent me photos of the bike when it was disassembled so you know the valve clearances have been done.

Really happy with the service and the bike('s) feel great :cool:

#69 Empty_Ten, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  10. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Good to know mate, that area is a blast from the past as spent a lot of time around there

• Like Like x 1
  11. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Got to share the positive experience I have had with https://www.gearchangeonline.com/ and Alpinestars.

One of the lace eyelets broke on the inner boot of my Supertech R’s and when I spoke to a local well known retailer they said that Alpinestars don’t do a repair service anymore.

Undeterred I emailed Alpinestars directly and they said it was something they could fix and to return it to the retailer I purchased it from so they could assess the cost. Spoke with Gearchange who said send it back to them, so off it went.

A little more than a month later I receive my boot back all fixed and with the added bonus that Gearchange informed me that there was no charge.

Forgot to say, I bought the boots way back in 2009!!

#71 ray, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  12. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Another positive experience.

The soles of the heels on my Alpinestars Supertech R’s had come away and Alpinestars said they were unable to fix them for me, but I managed to find a leather repair shop in Kent that also resoles motorcycle boots.

After a quick chat with Bernard at GB Bike Leathers he said as long as the soles were intact he should be able to re-glue them. Not only that but he also replaced the heel caps.

Quality job!!

https://m.gbbikeleathers.com/wp/

• Like Like x 1
  13. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I recently made a purchase from Louis motorrad in germany. Must say their pricing for UK customers is very clear what you see is what you pay with no worries about additioal costs on delivery

• Useful Useful x 2
  14. Edward1990

Edward1990 Active Member

I have been using the Viking Bags Tail Bag for some time now and it is really serving the purpose. I have ridden about 3000+ miles with it and it is still in a presentable shape. IDK if they are shipping outside the US, if they can ship it to the UK then I guess it could be the cheapest bag you can get.

15. Gebe101

Gebe101 New Member

Ordered a brake master cylinder and race brake lines from www.wrs.it , they've been very helpful in telling me that I needed a special adaptor for my Brembo pump in order to fit the brake lines and solved with finding me the right adaptor, so I recommend them. Also they have very decent prices from my point of view.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bronze

Bronze New Member

Anyone know of red and blue right side belly pan for 06 repsol