Record attempt on ice - result

Discussion in 'Pictures & Videos' started by Kristian, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Kristian

Kristian Active Member

SO - its over - some of you might have followed the group i created for this on FB - som have not !

Well.. i did not get the record. record is still at 263kph for 1000cc bikes ,

I managed 243,9 average speed.
    3.rd fastest 1000cc
    4:th fastest in the world

here is the video i made showing all runs on the ice, including a testday 2 days before the event.

I had geared 15 / 46 - stock is 16/42 - and fitted a 160/60 rear ties to lower the gearing further- as rolling resistance is very very high with the spoikes on the ice - with stock gearing i doubt id even be able to use 5th gear. - the bike performed supergreat all runs, steady as if it was on a warm summer night on the highway really, the last run i borrowed my bike to Zef Eisenberg / MadMax raceteam, as he broke his supercharged Hayabusa. he thanked me by blowing my rear tires :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Fantastic.
    I haven't watched the video yet but from the pics it looks 'fun' (and cold)...the tires :eek:

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Congrats on that achievement - even without the record. A feat not many would dare even undertake!!

What's on the fork legs? Is it an added fork brace?

4. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

That looks like a lot of fun!

5. Kristian

Kristian Active Member

Hi Nigelrb - no its a homemade "thingy" to reduce the risk of the spikes hitting the radiator - as the tire expands slightly at speed due to the weight of the spikes. Some bikes need it - some dont - i was not sure on the RR, so i fitted this - as the ice is very well prepared, we even usa a Zamboni sometimes - the suspension do not use as much travel - This year it was almost as riding on the highway in the summer

• Thanks Thanks x 1