Returning from Italian distraction.....

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Mattie1972, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Mattie1972

Mattie1972 Active Member

Hi all, after 7 years on an Italian twin I'm very much hoping to be returning to Japanese sports bikes.....and my first Fireblade.

Have had a couple of trade in offers that are in the right ball park, and just looking round for a suitable Blade.

Going to see this one this weekend and would appreciate your view....this is advertised as an 11 Repsol Blade from a Honda main dealer, but the rear seat fairing is blue and the tank stripes look a bit off? I've only ever seen official Repsol Blades with orange seat fairings.....could this be a Chinese fairing kit, or am i just over thinking it?

Thanks very much, and hopefully see you all soon

Attached Files:

• $_57.jpg
      $_57.jpg
      File size:
      172.6 KB
      Views:
  2. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Hello

You coming from a Tuono mate?

It's difficult to tell from a picture, you'd be best getting down there and giving it a thorough look over.

3. MPJ

MPJ Active Member

CBR decal on fairing is wrong for year. Should be vertical, not slanted..

4. dainesefreak

Yep, CBR sticker is in the wrong place.

Attached Files:

5. Mattie1972

Mattie1972 Active Member

Yes mate, I remember you from the Ape forums.....I think we met at the Bristol Italian day one year?

Thanks for the comments, I've done a DVLA check on the registration and it was registered March 2011 with the colour Orange......so its a Repsol bike that's had the OE Repsol fairing replaced with a Chinese Repsol copy???

6. -steves-

-steves- Active Member

Hi and welcome to the forum, nice looking bike, be it original or not :)

7. dainesefreak

Not me fella, only owned the Mille for about 3 months before I moved it on. I was regularly on RSVR.net and the Facebook page asking about fixes. It was sorted by the time I'd finished but it was driving me mad in traffic. :)

The Blade's a great bike, ultra efficient at what it does and doesn't come with the drama of an Ape (or character as some might say). If it was me I'd have to be certain that the Repsol was 100% before buying at dealer prices, I'm guessing somewhere between £7k - £7.5k?

8. Mattie1972

Mattie1972 Active Member

Yes that's right, the first 47 times it breaks down is character.....time 48 is just taking the p*ss.

Bang on the price, its £7,195 but only 3,500 miles so barely run in.

9. dainesefreak

I haven't told Griff I've bought another Blade, he tried to make me promise I wouldn't buy another Honda. :)

That's not a bad price to be fair but I'd want to know why the decals aren't right, but at least you've got some comeback with it being a main dealer. The last Blade I owned before this one was a 2010, had it from new, serviced it, put tyres on, job done. Even rode it home in a blizzard and it behaved, can't really ask for more from a 1000cc sports bike.

The Mille was an attempt at not spending a load of cash on something I'd only use once every so often and a bit of a project. The project turned into a lack of patience, decided I'd rather be riding than sorting out the Italian character!

If you were to consider buying new I could put you in touch with the lad I just bought mine off, did me a great deal. This is the 5th bike I've had off them and he's a not bullshit salesman. Told me the cost of the bike for them to buy it off Honda and the markup he was making. Might be a bit of a trek for you though, they're 5 mins down the road from Griff in Tamworth.

10. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

11. shackbleep

shackbleep New Member

I'm not convinced by what someone has done with the black stripes/protectors on the fuel tank. Might be wrong, but I've not seen one like that before. I'd be tempted to look around some more. (esp at 1000rr73's bike for sale, which I wish I'd seen having all those tempting extras before I bought mine!)

12. Mattie1972

Mattie1972 Active Member

Thanks mate, I think i know who you mean. Had a conversation with him yesterday about a trade in deal, he was very um 'direct' about my chance of getting the money i wanted, but was good to deal with.

Plug away mate, you don;t ask you don;t get. You bike looks fantastic and i would snap it up, but about £1,000-£1,500 more than I can afford. Its going to be an 09-10 model with my budget.

After some searching looks like this is the fairing kit that bike above has fitted: http://gundamhost.com/auctmarts/sho...=1412&osCsid=d7c82342755611484bb43a388e0a9f07

Not the end of the World, but not OE Honda.

13. dainesefreak

The change of fairing would suggest to me that it's been tracked. I could be wrong, but I'd want to know why a main dealer's selling a bike without the original faring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. bradt

bradt Elite Member

If in doubt leave it, but welcome to the forum , I'm sure another bike will come along soon.

15. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome!

16. rewy..rr

rewy..rr Active Member

Welcome to the forum