Ride! Competition and ideas form you lovely lot please?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by thezipsteruk, Jan 28, 2015.

1. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Right then you horrible lot!
    Remal suggested I posted this as a new thread so those that don't check out the Gamers Thread can be involved.
    I have a good friend who works for PQube (Game distributor) and a while back whilst chatting he mentioned the Upcoming Game 'Ride' which was "right up your street".
    I sounded suitably impressed and said "well do bare in mind I'm on not only the best bike forum but also a big one, so do shout if you could "scratch our backs whilst we scratch yours!"
    Well...
    He dropped me a text the other day and said...Go on then what ideas do you have?
    Gulp!
    I have no idea what he can offer us, as they are not a huge distributor. I wasn't too worried I just thought it would be good to maybe win some games etc.

The only Idea I have is:
    The 'Ride' Game is all about Road bikes on street Circuits. So what about if anyone with a 'quality' road bike posted their fave picky. with a link to the game trailer or/and twitter.
    And let Pqube decide who's piccy reflects the feel of 'Ride' and they win...?
    Any other ideas/improvements welcome?
    Cheers
    Zip

2. TheRamJam

TheRamJam Well-Known Member

Saw the trailer looks great. There's speculation that it may contain the TT course :)

Only problem is all the other tracks are fictional, which is a shame.

I wonder what physics engine they are using. I have Moto GP14 for the PS4 and that's pretty good apart from the horrid AI who keep ramming into the back of you.

As for the competition/give away it could be a caption competition. For example Pqube release a screenshot from the game which is posted to the site. Person with the best caption wins. We'd have to limit it to members who have been registered for maybe 3 months or more to make it fair. Don't want fools signing up just to win the prize lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I moved to the lounge as I thought it would get more feedback I hope :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

How about a "guess the bike part" quiz or something? Zoomed in pics of bike parts and such like. Or suggestions on what road bike (from any era) you'd like to see featured in a game - winner picked at random?

• Like Like x 2
  5. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Cheers Guys!
    thanks for the input, I could get them more exposure by throwing out of the forum...but its sorta nice to hog it to ourselves lol.
    Think Ill drop round to see mr pique see what he reckons too.
    keep em coming if you think of something.

6. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

I reckon a few demo full game copies should be passed around the forum members.
    Maybe have a week to play it.
    Race each other online.
    Have a rider promote the game, with downloadable content of the TT course if they don't have it.
    Could also have the NW, Ulster and. Scarborough as well.

Photos of your bike with the game for them to use in the promo ?

• Like Like x 1