RiDE Magazine needs you!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by KevRide, Apr 19, 2013.

1. KevRide

KevRide Active Member

Hi everyone, my name's Kev Raymond and I have a confession. Well, two actually... Firstly, I'm not a real person, I'm a journalist, and secondly, I don't even have a Blade.... :eek:

I'm currently researching a big story for RiDE Magazine, on buying, running, riding and servicing the 08-11 Blade. To make it as accurate as possible, I need as much info as possible from the people who really know these bikes inside out – you, the owners.

If you'd like to take part, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a questionnaire, or if people prefer, I could post the questionnaire here. It'll only take a few minutes to fill in, and the more responses, the more likely it is that the final story will reflect the realities of Blade ownership.

I'm on a tight deadline, so I'd need to have completed responses by lunchtime on monday (22nd April).

Thanks for listening – over to you....

• Like Like x 6
  2. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Im sure people will be glad to help Kev there a pretty good bunch on here mines a 07 im afraid so no use im afraid.

3. Si.

Si. God Like

Post the questionnaire on here mate.

4. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I'm with si, post on here as long as you don't want security, address etc.

5. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Is an easy to fill out word doc guys I've just downloaded it and no viruses ;)

6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Post on here then you will have all the feedback you need from the guys and gals on here

May I make 1 suggestion that could you add the forum name onto the article if you use info from people on here?

just thinking if your getting lots of help from us then it would be a good thing for you and us both?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Broady

Broady Active Member

Damn mines a 2012 model next time maybe

8. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Yeah im happy to help.... what ya got...:D

9. navvy10

HOW TO BUY QUESTIONNAIRE FOR RiDE MAGAZINE

Thanks for filling this in - every response really helps.
    Please, please PLEASE answer questions in as much detail as possible – better to write too much than too little!

After lots of problems, can I please ask that you don't post the replies via Skydrive? It causes all sorts of problems. Better to send everything as attachments.

1: Your name:
    2: Your age:
    3: Occupation:
    4: Bike model:
    5: Year:
    6: Mileage at purchase:
    6a: Mileage now:
    7: Average MPG (if known):
    8: Average tank range (if known):
    9: Tyre life: Fr: Rr:
    9a: Tyre choice – what do you like, and why?

10: A bit of background - your biking history, how you ended up with this bike in the first place.

11: Good points – why you’d recommend the bike to others, what it’s good at, why you like it. The more detail the better.

12: Bad points - did it break down? Are/were there bits you don’t like about it? What would you change?

13: Servicing - rough costs if you have it dealer serviced, or level of difficulty if you do it yourself. Any hints and tips for anyone planning to do their own servicing?

14: Anything else? Modifications made, trips you’ve done? Owners’ forums you recommend? Sources for parts and accessories? Anything I’ve forgotten?

15: Pics - if you want to send some (and tell us what they’re about!), please feel free. Please don’t include them in this or any other Word doc though - they’re a nightmare to retrieve again. JPG attachments is fine.

<ends>

10. navvy10

If you guys follow the above format and send back via word doc then that's probably easiest for Kev, or you can reply on here and I can copy into word and send if Kev can't grab them.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

stunning thats for that

12. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Done and emailed back.

13. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Done it as well..........

14. KevRide

KevRide Active Member

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone who replied and requested the questionnaire. I hadn't clocked the request to post it on here (I had it set to ping me if anyone replied to this thread but BlackDevil's post was the first one that I was informed about... :confused:) so thanks to navvy10 for cut and pasting.

Anyway, feature written and off to the designers to be made pretty - should be on the shelves mid-may I think.

Hope you like it, and I have indeed given the forum a damn good plug in the article. As you can imagine, I spend a lot of time trawling various forums for this kind of feature, and this is one of the friendliest and most helpful I've come across in a long time. Beers all round!

• Like Like x 6
  15. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Glad we could help. So the saying goes 'You meet the friendliest people on a Honda', but in the case of some on this forum don’t confuse friendliness with insanity as the smiles can be mistakenly similar to the un white coated.

16. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Always glad to be of help Kev and thanks for the forum plug :)

17. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Guess who may just have a shot of their bike featured....

18. phantom

phantom Active Member

doh totally missed this one

19. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Is a GREAT forum with a top bunch of people on here! Allways helpful and friendly... shame I'm falling behind with new posts as work load increases... :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Art I am fining it hard also with loads going on on this forum, work and home life busy as normal.

• Like Like x 1