Ride to the Wall

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by julestys, Sep 6, 2013.

1. julestys

julestys Active Member

Anyone going on the Ride to the Wall ride out on Sat October 5th?

2013 sees the 6th year of this unique event, which has not only brought together the motorcycling community, but also a large number of other participants, both young and old in remembering the 16000+ names that are engraved on the walls of the Armed Forces memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum.

This annual ride brings motorcyclists from near & far together to attend a memorial service on the steps of the Armed Forces Memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum on the first Saturday in October, in order to remember those who can no longer ride by our side. The event has also highlighted the immense generosity and kindness of the wider motorcycling community, and has gone a long way to bringing together motorcyclists and members of the wider community who share similar values, and as part of this experience has broken down barriers. It has also increase awareness of the National Memorial Arboretum to a larger audience, and in doing so has allowed those that may not have already done so, the opportunity to remember those that have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Start Locations
    Route 1: Drayton Manor Park - Staffordshire - B78 3 - Start 12.00 noon

Route 2: M1 (Southbound) - Woodall Services (Sheffield) - S26 7XR - Start 08.30am

Route 3: (Toll): M1 (Northbound) - Northampton Services - NN4 9QS - Start 08.45am

Route 4: (Toll): M40 (Northbound) - Cherwell Valley Services (Oxon) - OX27 7RD - Start 08.45am

Route 5: A 51 Wolseley Bridge Garden Centre - ST17 OYA - Start 09.50am

Route 6: (Toll): M5 (Northbound) - Strensham Services (Worcester) - WR8 0BZ - Start 09.30am

Route 7: (Toll): M6 (South) - Knutsford Services WA16 0TL - Start 09.30am

Route 8: M1 (Northbound) - Leicester Forest East Services - LE3 3GB - Start 10.15am
    (suitable for those travelling from the East via A14)

Personally I will be doing route 5

Hope to see you there

Full details RTTW - Ride To The Wall

• Like Like x 1
  2. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

A number of Teesside Bikers did this last year from Woodall services. Might try it myself this year if I can drum up some interest again :)

3. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Route 8 from Leicester would be good for me, but I can't see on the site where the wall is?

4. Beckers

Beckers Elite Member

Did the 'Thankful Villages' through here recently and will probably be doing route 7.

5. julestys

julestys Active Member

The route goes to the National War Arboretum nr Alrewas Staffordshire DE13 7AR

6. Alblade

Alblade God Like

While it is heavily 'forces' based, its the National Memorial Arboretum - there are sections to remember road accident victims, lost members of RNLI, a Childrens memorial area plus Police / fire / ambulance service plus many groups represented with their own 'areas'

I hope to attend and do Route 7 - will see nearer the time

7. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Route 2 if anyone else interested.