Road maintenance tax or emissions based tax?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Black & White, Aug 20, 2020.

1. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I won't go into the politics of RFL when CO emission was brought into it.
    Until recently bikes did not have and were not tested for CO emission so RFL remained as it was.
    For their weight and engine size, bike emissions are quite high, the ones I see for large engine ones are 100+ and smaller engine 50+. Although high, but they also spend less time stuck in traffic so I also think the actual emission is lower.
    I think RFL based on CO was a big con to get people buying diesels (knowing full well their environmental impact).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

£500 for my old M5 that was 6 years ago, had it for 4 years done less than 10k. £5 per mile if my math is correct:eek:

3. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

Should I not mention the low emissions zones about to sprout up all over the country:oops:
    Let's ban all diesels and in fact lets ban everything except effing cyclists who couldn't follow a road sign to save their bleedin life
    If you do dare to go into town we shall sting you a fortune for entering. Sting you for parking, make a shitty 1 way system so bad you might accidentally go through a bus only camera and we can sting you for that too.
    Then when the town centre dies because all struggling retailers decide it's just too expensive to trade with a shop and they go on line only, the bloody councils and Gov't bodies will throw their arms up in horror and say how did this happen:eek:
    Rant over :D

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1