RR7 decat , is it worth it

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Selmer50mark, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

What are the benefits and potential problems i.e. will it need a remap /flash ,,,,, is there any power gain ?
    Will it be louder ?, ,,,,,, possible back pressure problem?
    20201229_175132.jpg
    Anyone just removed it by drilling it out ?o_O

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lock

Lock Active Member

I got a set of US pipes for £80 - they don't have the CAT in. As this was a project bike hadn't run with the Cat on, so can't compare, but had a 2007 blade before and can't fault this one (other than hunts a little on tick over). Am going to get it ecu tuned next year as with a yoshimura end can, no Cat, no O2 sensor and a k&n I'm sure it could run better (seems quite rich at the moment), but not sure how much as done over 1000 miles now and gives me a smile!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lock

Lock Active Member

Forgot to add, my old blade had full akrapovic titanium system, race headers and can, so no Cat or o2 sensor, but did have a power commander with custom map. Can't say I see much noticeable day to day difference with the new bike other than fuel economy is down about 30 miles per tank, hence thinking its running rich without the tune

4. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

I might look for some headers to try it , I did buy a oem end pipe in mint condition for £35 and drilled out the baffle with a hole saw ,,,,, sounds fruity plus I like the look of the oem exaust. .
    Worked out a cheep mod ,,, plus still have the original pipe if I cocked up :rolleyes:
    No noticeable power difference .
    Fuel system is stock

• Like Like x 1
  5. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Another vote for US headers. I just steered clear of California as they have pretty strict emissions laws as well

6. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

I might cut out that cat section and weld in a replacement piece, then I can always reverse the process if I don't like it or causes problems

• Like Like x 1
  7. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Ok so I decide to de cat the headers before I put the bike back together after the shim replacement jobby, ,,,, bit harder than I thought it would be :rolleyes:.
    Started off with a drill with a 12 mill bit down the centre and it really struggled to get it through, it was glowing red as I was drilling,:eek:
    eventually got a hole through then used a
    Old Sharp flat blade and hammer to get the rest out
    20210213_161457.jpg 20210213_161534.jpg 20210213_131733.jpg all back together, ,,,,,, got away with out replacing the copper header gaskets.
    Sounds really good and not to loud ;)

• Like Like x 5
  8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Nice job Mark, look forward to hearing it soon! ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Rids666

Rids666 Active Member

Nice might ad that to my list of jobs to get done on my RR7. Currently running an akra slip but need to fit a PCV and o2 eliminator. Bike runs quite snatchy with the akra slip without baffle in so hoping the power commander will sort that.

10. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Is it going to smell proper good and 'pertroly' now...love that smell