SC Project CRT Fitted

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by hitch, May 31, 2019.

1. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Sounds the same to my ear; they're both fekking loud :eek::)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mark. Rowlands

Mark. Rowlands Active Member

I bought an SC Project CRT can and link pipe second hand off eBay,sounds absolutely gorgeous, but I work 12 hour shifts, not very neighbour friendly, so I took it off and put an Arrow can and link pipe on, a lot more neighbour friendly.
    Sitting in its original box in the garage, if anyone is interested in buying it message me.

3. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Put the CRT back on and gift these to the neighbours ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Construction-Shooting-Concerts-Prevention-Individually/dp/B074D84DJG

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mark. Rowlands

Mark. Rowlands Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. paul robinson

paul robinson Active Member

I am thinking of getting a sc project exhaust.Not sure to get CRT or the legal SC1 R. and does this one have a removable baffle and can you still get insured for the crt ?

6. CW3330

CW3330 Active Member

I have the SC1 R Carbon on my 2016 Repsol,.... with the baffle out sounds about right , not droney at constant throttle on motorway but sounds lovely when you give it some, I would say sounds half as loud as CRT ….there is a clip of a guy called Tom who has one on his bike on U Tube

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Really depends on looks and sound. If you want a road legal exhaust and don’t want to annoy the neighbours go for the sc1, or just leave the original exhaust on. If you want an exhaust that weighs about 1 kilo, let other road users know where you are (including the pond life who don’t use their mirrors) and looks really good get the crt.
    My crt arrived with not for road use etched on, but after it accidentally rubbed against a piece of fine wet and dry paper it disappeared without a trace and passes the MOT.:D

• Like Like x 3
  8. paul robinson

Not sure the best way to get one .Can.t seem to find any uk dealers probably will have to go through sc project italy like mentioned earlier.Still not sure what to do about insurance do they still insure race exhausts and cost more too?

9. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

I do hate it when that happens! The dastardly wet and dry struck again!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. paul robinson

Also do you need to map the crt ?

11. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

I got mine from SC Project directly. If it’s the crt you’re thinking of bear in mind it is loud, personally I have no regrets buying one.
    I use MCE insurance who cover a lot of mods at no extra cost, read the small print though as they’ll make it up elsewhere.
    Regarding map, as with any aftermarket exhaust the bike will benefit from a remap.

• Agree Agree x 1