Shoei dark tint

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Lozzy, May 23, 2020.

1. Alan Devon

Alan Devon Active Member

Thanks Lozzy. It does look good on the lid. Think I'll order one. Especially with the sun gettting lower in the sky as wsinter comes on.
    A

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alan Devon

Alan Devon Active Member

3. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

The allrounder under the visors! Depending on the brightness, this visor darkens automatically due to its light-sensitive coating. This process - from completely clear to the maximum tint - takes about 30-40 seconds. If the sun seems very strong, it darkens even as strongly as the „Dark Smoked“. If the sun decreases, the „Photochromatic“ also goes along with it and reduces the tint - even to bad weather or dusk, where it becomes really clear. The color impression is more reddish, particularly with strong tint, and will become more and more neutral with decrease of this.

https://www.shoei-europe.com/uk/news/overview-of-the-available-shoei-visor-tints

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

No, I did not buy one yet.

5. Alan Devon

Alan Devon Active Member

I went with the Shoei transitions visor in the end as I didnt want to have to worry if I stayed out longer than expected and it gets dark. Wore it at the weekend on a 140 mile trip and it was great. Still goes quite dark even when cloudy but clarity is very good. Can highly recommend. A bit pricy, especially with the Pinlock but delivered next day from Sportsbikeshop so very happy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1