Shoreham Air Show

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gRRandeelion, Aug 22, 2015.

1. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

Thoughts are with the dead and injured at the Shoreham Air Show after todays incident when a Hawker Hunter crashed onto a main road during a display.

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

not heard lots about it as i've been busy but sounds very bad. thought with all involved :(

3. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

Absolutely, thoughts are with all those involved. It's an airshow I go to frequently and I drive that section of a27 most days. Must have been horrific to witness that..... Awful tragedy.

4. pete954

pete954 Active Member

Quite a shocking accident. Always worse when totally innocent members of the public get caught up in events like these. Seems as though the pilot has survived the crash,let's hope he and all the other injured make a full recovery.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Tragic event, thoughts go out to the families of those killed and injured.

6. Alblade

Alblade God Like

My brother had planned to watch the show from the A27 exactly where it happened, but moved a few hundred meters to get some shade and watch from a raised flood bank, he saw whole thing and turned to people next to him saying 'that's too low, he wont make that' just before impact.

By all accounts aircraft hit tail first, split in half and cockpit section left fireball and carried on away from it with.

Terrible accident , but read first spectator fatality at an airshow since 1952 I think

7. MrB

MrB God Like

8. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Such a tragic accident. My cousin was planning to go and see it with her kids but they persuaded her to go the Brighton beach instead. Said she probably would have gone via that same road. Thoughts for those affected by it. Just terrible :(