Sidestand

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by daveyboy, May 15, 2012.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Ok, bit of a strange one here!
    Fitted new rearsets to bike and when I have be super techs on I can't flick the side stand down. The Sidestand peg doesn't come out far enough!!

Don't larf but has anyone else experienced this?

Other than adapting the peg with a piece of tube is there anything else I can do?

2. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Slide a piece of fuel pipe over it that is slightly longer?

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Thanks Mega, was kinda thinking along them lines.
    Just wondered if others had experienced similar when fitting aftermarket rearsets.

Cheers mate.

4. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

I have the same boots and have S.E.S rear sets but my side stand is cool . what sets are you running ?

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Hi Dan, running the Rizoma rearsets, I will look at trying to adjust the rearsets, probably further back, might give better access to the side stand. They are wider in profile than the oem's.Just one of those things really, they are worth it! There is always a solution somewhere :D

6. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Mine is hard to reach Daveyboy (rizoma as well), but I have managed to get used to it. I slightly tilt the bike to the right so I can see the edge of the stand and use my heel to push it down. I have my rearsets set back on the second to last setting, so maybe a little more room.

They are great rearsets though, so smooth changing and great grip, plus i am more over the front now.....and they do look nice.....just ordered the alloy heel guards, so hoping they will look good.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Might work Ex, I have ordered the adjustable footpeg mounts, might help as they allow the footrest to be either fixed or lift up.
    'kin Rizoma it's like coke, when you've tried it you just want more! :D

8. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Yeah i can't resist it. Next up is the fuel cap (even though I am not keen on the little red bit in the middle) it still looks great. Then its the clutch and brake covers. Trouble is the Mrs knows its expensive and every time she sees a rizoma box all hell breaks out haha.

Have to say the rearsets are really slick, not one missed gear and no nutrals.....much better than the OE ones.

Hope the pegs help, first time I tried them was at the petrol station, felt a right twat trying to find the stand with my foot. The leaning over works for me, but it is a little annoying.

9. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Did you manage to fix this problem as i also have this issue with my rear sets / sidestand

10. phantom

phantom Active Member

I never use the peg on the side of the sidestand, Im used to pushing them
    down using my toe at the end of the sidestand , got into this habit as thats how you
    have to put the stand down on a duke.