Significant changes to the injury claims process are getting closer

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T.C, Oct 20, 2017.

1. T.C

T.C Elite Member

How many of you are aware that from October 2018 significant changes are being made to the injury claims process?

It is going to affect many people, and in a lot of cases you will either have to do it yourself, or pay your own legal representation which means that many genuinely injured people will not be able sue a person or company responsible for causing injury through negligence.

This article explains in more detail

https://www.hudgellsolicitors.co.uk...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

2. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

If the savings from these changes got passed onto the policy holders then I'd be well in favour of it. Fact is they probably won't and the average joe will be no better off in 1 regard (policy premiums) and they will be worse off in another (compensation procedure). Strikes me as a change that will only save the insurance companies money.

3. T.C

T.C Elite Member

That about sums it up. The insurance companies have been whinging for ever even though most of the costs incurred are down to them time wasting, and so they are now the ones who are rubbing their hands with glee at the improved profits they will enjoy.

4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Am I right in thinking that claims which total more than £5k (including the cost of the bike, car etc) are unaffected by this?

5. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Correct.. The total claim has to be £5K or more but the fast track and fixed legal costs will still apply

• Thanks Thanks x 1