Silencer part number for 929 RR

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Iestyn Morris, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Iestyn Morris

Iestyn Morris New Member

Hi guys. I just bought a stock silencer for my 929 RR (bought with aftermarket can) from a man who bought it for his 954 RR.
    It didn't fit his 959 RR and it won't fit my 929 RR.
    The OD of the cone/tube on the pipe of my bike is 74.97mm and the ID of the silencer is 69.4mm
    Part number for the can is HM MCJ E3

So my questions are these :
    It seems the 954 and the 929 have the same dimensions regarding the silencer - can anyone confirm ?
    If you have a 929RR with a stock silencer - can you tell me the part number ?

I want a stock can for my bike but there is so much nonsense on the internet regarding these bikes it's making purchase impossible.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

As an afterthought, perhaps a good machine shop could fabricate a sleeve to aid fitting what you have?

4. Iestyn Morris

Iestyn Morris New Member

Thanks Nigel. I think I've solved it. Downloaded the parts spec from another forum and I have the part number now.
    I'm pretty handy (2 stroke education ;-) and if the can was too big and the pipe was too small then, yes. Adaptation would be possible. I have access to a lathe and I know how to use one. But in this case it's pipe too big and can too small and there really isn't a good way to butcher the stock can as it is.
    Thanks for your input !

5. Iestyn Morris

Iestyn Morris New Member

By the way - the part number for a stock 929 is 18310 MCJ 671 if anyone is interested !